• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska @ Minnesota Game Thread (8/31/23)

Not sure what you are saying here, but I was only referring to Devaney going 9-2 in his first year in 1962 after Jennings was 3-6-1 the year before.

That 67 -68 downturn was later. He probably should have been fired for that. ;):)
Devaney didn't just have one year, like let's say Mel Tucker at MSU in his first non-COVID year, he had multiple years of success showing it wasn't just a lucky break. not much of a point, but a point none the less. lol

Last edited:

OK . . . I'm hacked. Apparently I won't be able to watch the game tonight because DirecTV and Nexstar (Fox) are squabbling. Anyone know of alternatives for viewing? Might be stuck with just radio call.

I signed up for YoutubeTV today for this very reason.

If I like it, DirectTV just crapped the bed for good.

Devaney didn't just have one year, like let's say Mel Tucker at MSU in his first non-COVID year, he had multiple years of success showing it wasn't just a lucky break. not much of a point, but a point none the less. lol
Absolutely. Devaney's turnaround was quick, but definitely no flash in the pan. And the rest is history as they say.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back