• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska @ Colorado Game Thread (9/9/23)

No. You guys are right. A defense must play perfect every minute of the game, regardless of the situation the offense puts them in. If the offense gives up the ball over and over and the defense gives up any points, it’s just simply a defensive failure. It’s all or nothing. Noting that the offense gave up short fields to Colorado over and over is just excuse making, right? Either they give up points or they don’t. If the offense fumbles on our own one and the defense gives up any score, even a field goal, it’s a failure of the defense. If any points are given up, it’s a failure across the board. Period! Let’s not be soft and suggest it’s a mixed bag. It was a failure from the first snap in all respects. Nothing positive to take from anything that happened today. Nothing, nothing, nothing. The world has never been darker than this moment in time. No hope, no hope, no hope.
Team loss. Every aspect of the game they were outplayed. Offense put the defense in bad situations in the first half but Nebraska owned a time of possession advantage so the defense wasn’t on the field all the time. Offense gets a score in the second half and the defense immediately gives up a long TD drive that pretty much ends the game but then they gave up 16 more points to close the game.

No. You guys are right. A defense must play perfect every minute of the game, regardless of the situation the offense puts them in. If the offense gives up the ball over and over and the defense gives up any points, it’s just simply a defensive failure. It’s all or nothing. Noting that the offense gave up short fields to Colorado over and over is just excuse making, right? Either they give up points or they don’t. If the offense fumbles on our own one and the defense gives up any score, even a field goal, it’s a failure of the defense. If any points are given up, it’s a failure across the board. Period! Let’s not be soft and suggest it’s a mixed bag. It was a failure from the first snap in all respects. Nothing positive to take from anything that happened today. Nothing, nothing, nothing. The world has never been darker than this moment in time. No hope, no hope, no hope.
Easy there Captain.

I called it a mixed bag. I think that's fair when you give up 36 points, allow scores on 7 of 8 possessions beginning late in the second quarter, concede almost 400 passing yards, and give up numerous 3rd and long conversions. Yes, there was some good, such as the first 24 minutes and the 8 sacks.

If you want to give the defense an A+ today, then go right ahead.

Team loss. Every aspect of the game they were outplayed. Offense put the defense in bad situations in the first half but Nebraska owned a time of possession advantage so the defense wasn’t on the field all the time. Offense gets a score in the second half and the defense immediately gives up a long TD drive that pretty much ends the game but then they gave up 16 more points to close the game.
That’s what I said. Nothing positive whatsoever to be seen here. Every snap was a failure, both sides of the ball. No hope! Only thing we can do now overreact and have public meltdowns on social media.

not so sure about that one
No, you are right. Everything is a disaster. Nothing to hope for. Let’s meltdown and maybe think of how we could do a go fund me page for a buy out of the staff. That’s the right thing, and frankly the only sane thing, to do after game 2 of season one.

Tackling seems improved so there's that but otherwise with no solution to QB it's not looking good
Tackling looked good? I’m sure, if you go back and watch the tape, you can find some missed tackles. Every missed tackle erases 10 great tackles. Stop trying to sugar coat the situation here. There are no positives to be seen here. :oops: None! Not a one!

Yeah it’s sure having a ROLE MODEL like Mike Irvin will do wonders for the young players. He definitely can teach them about the dangers of nose candy use and inappropriate conversations with Female hotel employees.

Don’t Be Like Mike!
This is where Nebraska fans need to open their eyes. Sadly a lot of kids come from at-risk, low-income families. They come from a hip hop culture where money, cars, jewelry, etc. are sensationalized and are viewed as goals. They see guys like Deion and Irvin and all these other athletes with these things and that's what they want. They couldn't care less about Irvin's history with drugs or women. What they see are the clothes, the drip, the fame and fortune. I said many, many times that for the right coach, kids will go anywhere to play. Deion is proving that, and it's only going to increase from here.

Tackling looked good? I’m sure, if you go back and watch the tape, you can find some missed tackles. Every missed tackle erases 10 great tackles. Stop trying to sugar coat the situation here. There are no positives to be seen here. :oops: None! Not a one!
In the first half I thought our tackling was very good. As the game wore on it got progressively worse.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back