• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Tournament Discussion: 2022 Champions - Kansas

Plenty of blowout wins by favorites thus far today.

Heck, even Texas is looking like they'll win (though I'm sure plenty picked Virginia Tech to win). Tells me they hired the right man in Chris Beard. In six seasons, Shaka Smart didn't bring a single NCAA Tournament win to the Horns.
Did get two ACC teams — Miami and ND — with 10 and 11 seed upsets. But yea, nothing like yesterday.

It's the fifth-largest upset in NCAA tournament history, according to The Action Network database.

1. In 2012, No. 15 Norfolk State beat No. 2 Missouri as a 21-point underdog.
  2. In 2018, No. 16 UMBC beat No. 1 Virginia as a 20.5-point underdog. UMBC won the game by 20 points. This is still the only time in history that a No. 1 seed lost in the first round.
  3. In 1997, No. 15 Coppin State beat No. 2 South Carolina as an 18.5-point underdog.
  4. In 1993, No. 15 Santa Clara beat No. 2 Arizona as an 18.5-point underdog.
  5. In 2022, No. 15 Saint Peter's beat No. 2 Kentucky in overtime. as an 18-point underdog

What about Iowa State’s loss to Hampton? Wasn’t that a 15 vs a 2? That was maybe, Iowa State’s best ever team. Marcus Fizer and Larry Eustachy. 2000 maybe?

Last edited:
What about Iowa State’s loss to Hampton? Wasn’t that a 15 vs a 2? That was maybe, Iowa State’s best ever team. Marcus Fizer and Larry Eustachy. 2000 maybe?

Indeed -- one of the biggest ever. I still occasionally see the video of the Hampton coach being picked up from behind and his legs kicking in joy -- lol.

My guess is that it wasn't one of the top five biggest point spread upsets ever. It's listed based on point spreads. But it had to be close to that 18pt dog at #5.

Indeed -- one of the biggest ever. I still occasionally see the video of the Hampton coach being picked up from behind and his legs kicking in joy -- lol.

My guess is that it wasn't one of the top five biggest point spread upsets ever. It's listed based on point spreads. But it had to be close to that 18pt dog at #5.
The short little guy that looked like he was a toy with the big guy picking him up and his legs standing outward. Lol. Hard to forget that one.

The Big 12 has been very impressive thus far.

I was hesitating to type that with Baylor struggling, but that massive comeback to put it into OT versus UNC was incredible.

Last edited:

Purdue continues to keep the lead
They are 30 and 0, when leading at 1/2 time!
Plenty of time left
65 58. Purdue
5:26 left

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back