• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Selection Show

I'm glad the team is taking the attitude of "Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime". At this point in the tournament, you have to go out and win against any (and every) team you play.

If you spend too much time thinking about how little respect you were shown by the selection committee, you may just end up proving them right. Then your complaints sound like a bunch of whiners. Too much of the national media already believe that about Nebraska fans.

But if you focus on what needs to be done to win the next game (and we win), your complaints won't matter.

Pay attention, work hard, prepare smartly, and just win.

Then do the same thing for the next team you play.

That's how championships are made.

I'm glad the team is taking the attitude of "Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime". At this point in the tournament, you have to go out and win against any (and every) team you play.

If you spend too much time thinking about how little respect you were shown by the selection committee, you may just end up proving them right. Then your complaints sound like a bunch of whiners. Too much of the national media already believe that about Nebraska fans.

But if you focus on what needs to be done to win the next game (and we win), your complaints won't matter.

Pay attention, work hard, prepare smartly, and just win.

Then do the same thing for the next team you play.

That's how championships are made.
Aw, you took the fun out of everything I said. ;)
But, why wasn't winning 10 of the last 11 games taken into consideration???
I don't take kindly, giving MD & MICH easier spots. Let's face it, putting us in Arkansas' bracket seemed like a punishment.
I sure hope the kids upset & knock off
both
Let us pray :Bow:

Last edited:
Be afraid of Northeastern they have mlb talent and they play baseball the right way.

Think Stonybrook from a few years ago!

They play excellent defense, have great pitching, and they don’t walk batters. Offensively they have one of the best hitters in college baseball, have great on base percentage, they steel bases in bunches and score.

Question is, will they save their ace for Arkansas.?

the anointing of NE is rather silly, considering who they have played this year.. One 3 game series against OD and they are the next world beaters.

All those stats that people are bellowing on about were largely based off of playing 3 different teams.

They lost a game to UMASS Lowell... gave up 10 runs to that team. They lost to 21-28 Boston College 3-5.. then they played those 3 teams over and over again to finish the year.

Last edited:
Be afraid of Northeastern they have mlb talent and they play baseball the right way.

They play excellent defense, have great pitching, and they don’t walk batters. Offensively they have one of the best hitters in college baseball, have great on base percentage, they steel bases in bunches and score.

It's my belief you should never save your ace, because there's nothing more important than winning the first game to avoid the loser's bracket. Save your ace and lose to Nebraska, and Northeastern won't be playing Arkansas -- they'll be playing NJIT.

And I agree with you -- Northeastern is not to be taken lightly. I know many fans are convinced they are lame team who benefited only because they played three teams for a large percentage of their schedule. Well, okay -- if that makes them feel better. Cam Schlitter is fully capable of making a lot of teams look silly. And they also were top 20 offensively this season.

I think a lot of fans underestimate small schools in baseball. There's several of them each season that would be fully capable of winning the Big Ten. Heck, Coastal Carolina won the CWS and National title just a few years ago. Baseball is a much different sport in regards to being able to compete with the big schools.

I'm also of the belief that you risk making yourself look silly by trying to downplay an opponent. I nor anyone here is predicting Northeastern to beat Nebraska. I'm actually not making a prediction either way. More than football, more than basketball, baseball is a sport where the little guy is fully capable of winning.

Heck, in 2017 Nebraska won the Big Ten regular season, only to be ousted from the regional by Yale then Holy Cross. Fans were all concerned about how we'd match up against powerhouse Oregon State in that regional, yet we never even played them because we couldn't beat the lesser teams. That said, I do have more faith in Bolt's coaching ability, but it's still wise to never discount a smaller school.

Last edited:
Aw, you took the fun out of everything I said. ;)
But, why wasn't winning 10 of the last 11 games taken into consideration???
I don't take kindly, giving MD & MICH easier spots. Let's face it, putting us in Arkansas' bracket seemed like a punishment.
I sure hope the kids upset & knock off
both
Let us pray :Bow:
I'm such a mean bully! ;)

I'm like this for March Madness also. In a tournament like this, I figure everyone in the tournament has a chance to win. All you have to do is just win. If you don't win, you didn't have any right to complain about who you play. You have to win them all. And only one team will win it all. And only a few people remember the rest of the teams.

The ones that have a right to complain are the teams that don't make it into the tournament, and are passed over by lesser teams. They can question almost anything about the selection committee (thought process, IQ, parentage, etc.).

And I will pray with you that Northeastern, NJIT, and Arkansas have a good reason to just stay home after this regional, and Nebraska keeps on traveling! All the way back to Omaha! :)

Last edited:
It's my belief you should never save your ace, because there's nothing more important than winning the first game to avoid the loser's bracket. Save your ace and lose to Nebraska, and Northeastern won't be playing Arkansas -- they'll be playing NJIT.

And I agree with you -- Northeastern is not to be taken lightly. I know many fans are convinced they are lame team who benefited only because they played three teams for a large percentage of their schedule. Well, okay -- if that makes them feel better. Cam Schlitter is fully capable of making a lot of teams look silly. And they also were top 20 offensively this season.

I think a lot of fans underestimate small schools in baseball. There's several of them each season that would be fully capable of winning the Big Ten. Heck, Coastal Carolina won the CWS and National title just a few years ago. Baseball is a much different sport in regards to being able to compete with the big schools.
I think there are some situations where you save pitchers. For an ace, maybe Arkansas holds theirs back in game 1. In our case we throw Cade in game 1. If you lose that game, then this could be an instance where you hold back Chance vs NJIT. That way in case Arkansas is upset, you have a better shot in game #3 or if NE drops down, they are sitting deeper in their rotation for that game.

I think there are some situations where you save pitchers. For an ace, maybe Arkansas holds theirs back in game 1. In our case we throw Cade in game 1. If you lose that game, then this could be an instance where you hold back Chance vs NJIT. That way in case Arkansas is upset, you have a better shot in game #3 or if NE drops down, they are sitting deeper in their rotation for that game.

Yes, true. With a team like Arkansas, they'll beat about any team minus their ace. And just about every one-seed should hold back their ace instead of using them against the 4-seed in game one. Probably every one-seed.

The rest of the teams in each region, there could be some cases for the two-seeds going with their ace in the first game, and some two-seeds may not need to. I think every three and four seed likely needs to use their ace. Northeastern would be silly not to start their ace against Nebraska.

I was too broad brush with my statement.

Last edited:
Some (belated) points on the Big Ten:
- The Big Ten doesn't care about baseball, as evidenced by their baseball scholarship rules that put Big Ten teams at a disadvantage, and the putrid attendance figures at schools not named Nebraska.
- There is no chance in hades that Kevin Warren is going to get fired, short of him engaging in criminal behavior. He is exactly the kind of leader that the Big Ten executives want and there is no chance they are going to remove the first and only black Commissioner of a P5 conference no matter how incompetent he is.

Some (belated) points on the Big Ten:
- The Big Ten doesn't care about baseball, as evidenced by their baseball scholarship rules that put Big Ten teams at a disadvantage, and the putrid attendance figures at schools not named Nebraska.
- There is no chance in hades that Kevin Warren is going to get fired, short of him engaging in criminal behavior. He is exactly the kind of leader that the Big Ten executives want and there is no chance they are going to remove the first and only black Commissioner of a P5 conference no matter how incompetent he is.
And probably the reason we will lose our great baseball coach to a better conference. And who could blame him.

They're no Manhattan :p

Last edited:

Fans do have a legit complaint, and a right to voice their frustration, as I don't understand the whole "to be the best you gotta beat the best" in regards to Regionals (not SR or the CWS, but Regionals). Although that is 100% accurate, it's not for a conference champion (3 bid league) to be shipped off to the overall #1 seed who just so happens to have their best team quite possibly in program history. And a program in the best conference in the country where they dominated from start to conference tourney finish.

As a competitor, I welcome this challenge. As do the players and coaches. It's what these guys have worked their butts off for, their entire life. The Road To Omaha. Chills. But you're fooling yourself if you don't think these guys are pissed off AF with the draw they got. They deserve better and their performance over the last 13 weeks were more than enough to draw a different Regional.

This isn't just a B1G problem. It's an NCAA selection committee problem. They use criterias that fit their agenda/narrative as those criterias change from team to team. That isn't debatable either; see Michigan, Alabama, LSU, & Pittsburgh as prime examples in 2021. One criteria used as a concrete reason team A made it while that exact same reason was ignored for team B.

Until northern teams stand up for themselves and demand more, the NCAA baseball committee will continue to piss all over teams and then tell them it's raining. And it starts with the B1G putting a huge investment in baseball. Commit for 5 years, get FOX involved and promote TF out of the conference. SEC style. And after 5 years you've lost millions of dollars, big ***** deal. Something tells me that wouldn't be the case though...

/rant

the anointing of NE is rather silly, considering who they have played this year.. One 3 game series against OD and they are the next world beaters.

All those stats that people are bellowing on about were largely based off of playing 3 different teams.

They lost a game to UMASS Lowell... gave up 10 runs to that team. They lost to 21-28 Boston College 3-5.. then they played those 3 teams over and over again to finish the year.
And, yet, we should be wary of how GOOD they are? Right?

As you know, I thought, their winning most of their games from the 3 same teams is a joke!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back