• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nash Hutmacher: Will Make His Decision in July

Okay, I'm curious: which board. I have numerous indirect connections to him (Chamberlain is about a little over an hour away), and I hadn't heard anything about Wisconsin from anyone around him. I'm curious why someone else is thinking Wisconsin is where he's leaning.

The other board is Huskerboard, and I have no idea why some think that. They do show that he is doing a visit to Wisconsin this summer. There is also a rumor going around on that board that Jurgen has re injured his foot.

I think it will be difficult for Nash to do both, especially in wrestling. Tanner Farmer was a 2-time 2A state champion in Illinois and he has done little as a NU wrestler.
You have to be an exceptional wrestler to be a starter on a football team and then transfer to wrestling and be a starter. And I have to wonder just how good the competition is in South Dakota. Obviously he is head and shoulders above his state competition but how will he do against wrestlers on the NU roster and in the B1G?
It will really depend on how driven he is to compete and win at both sports. It will be interesting to see.

The wrestling competition in S. Dakota is very good. Until the last 10 years or so I would say better than Nebraska.

Nash will not break Randy Lewis's consecutive pin record. Last year he won the title match 3-1 I believe. A 190 lbser from Beresford, SD (I know his dad) could have been a 2-3 time state champion, but instead of pinning everyone at 190 he moved up in districts and regions to 285 so he could wrestle Nash in the championship. Casperson (the Beresford wrestler) threw Nash with a fireman's carry and was millimeters from getting the takedown but refs ruled them out of bounds. Most people feel if Casperson gets the 2 he wins the match, but just ran out of gas wrestling Nash who outweighed him by 90 some lbs. Casperson is what we call "country strong" and is wrestling in college. No question Nash is a beast, but has a long way to goes as a wrestler to compete at the collegiate level. Minnesota has the #1 ranked 285 lbser and he is a freshman, many feel Nash could not beat him. Just some info.

The wrestling competition in S. Dakota is very good. Until the last 10 years or so I would say better than Nebraska.

Found this and am surprised at which states are in the top:
https://www.flowrestling.org/articl...-is-the-best-at-producing-ncaa-all-americans-

"More recently, we've taken a closer look at the stats and found that, when adjusted for relative population sizes, no one does better than Iowa at producing NCAA All-Americans."

"The slim margin of victory for Iowa is also slightly misleading, as 95 percent of the points scored by South Dakotans in the last five years came from just two wrestlers, Minnesota Golden Gopher Logan Storley and Nebraska Cornhusker Robert Kokesh, who earned six All-American honors in that time period combined. "
upload_2019-2-27_16-19-54.png

upload_2019-2-27_16-23-17.png

591e0350d77dd.png

And going back 50 years at this site: http://mwolverine.com/Top_Wrestling_States.html

Last edited:
The other board is Huskerboard, and I have no idea why some think that. They do show that he is doing a visit to Wisconsin this summer. There is also a rumor going around on that board that Jurgen has re injured his foot.
I expect him to visit as many schools as is practicable because ... free stuff. I predict that he will visit Minnesota during the Nebraska game, for example. It sounds like he's checking out the competition, but I'm hearing from more and more people that his family has been Big Red fans for generations, and that's where his heart is. As long as we allow him to get on campus and figure things out for himself, I expect him to sign with UNL for one sport or the other, or both.

Is the bottom one Greco?
I don't know if you're sincere or joking, but I actually think that he would be an Olympic caliber Greco-Roman wrestler. At age 16 he was tossing heavyweights at nationals. What's he going to be like at 25 after a decade of intense weight training with targeted nutrition?

I don't know if you're sincere or joking, but I actually think that he would be an Olympic caliber Greco-Roman wrestler. At age 16 he was tossing heavyweights at nationals. What's he going to be like at 25 after a decade of intense weight training with targeted nutrition?

Sincere, I didn't watch the whole second video but all I saw was throws, and scoring 4 points everytime he did it, I know it has been a while since a wrestled but it didn't look like Freestyle to me. But I am no expert.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Roman_wrestling

Nash will not break Randy Lewis's consecutive pin record. Last year he won the title match 3-1 I believe. A 190 lbser from Beresford, SD (I know his dad) could have been a 2-3 time state champion, but instead of pinning everyone at 190 he moved up in districts and regions to 285 so he could wrestle Nash in the championship. Casperson (the Beresford wrestler) threw Nash with a fireman's carry and was millimeters from getting the takedown but refs ruled them out of bounds. Most people feel if Casperson gets the 2 he wins the match, but just ran out of gas wrestling Nash who outweighed him by 90 some lbs. Casperson is what we call "country strong" and is wrestling in college. No question Nash is a beast, but has a long way to goes as a wrestler to compete at the collegiate level. Minnesota has the #1 ranked 285 lbser and he is a freshman, many feel Nash could not beat him. Just some info.
I'm also from SD, and everyone I know just loved the fact that Casperson went for it like that. There are so many kids who are all but encouraged to avoid risk for fear of failure, and that kid just went for it. I doubt that he'll regret it. Yes, he would have won another state championship, and, yes, he probably would have pinned everyone, all year,... but he always would have wondered if he could have beat Hutmacher. I'm a fan.

I'm also from SD, and everyone I know just loved the fact that Casperson went for it like that. There are so many kids who are all but encouraged to avoid risk for fear of failure, and that kid just went for it. I doubt that he'll regret it. Yes, he would have won another state championship, and, yes, he probably would have pinned everyone, all year,... but he always would have wondered if he could have beat Hutmacher. I'm a fan.

Unless you have the dominant talent in whatever the sport or activity is, you should ALWAYS try to make the other guy do what they're not very good at doing: football, basketball, baseball, wrestling, boxing, Taekwondo, billiards, foosball, table tennis, shooting H-O-R-S-E, ... you name it.
I think you got them all ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back