• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

N2FL Ranks the 2021 Commits

Flipping the question on its ear.....the 5 teams that you love to hate.

I place Bama in all 5 of my spots, but they claim 10.

Notre Dame, Texas, Texas, Iowa and Notre Dame.

I used to like Alabama a bit when they sucked, Pre Saban, my grandfather is from Alabama and was known as "Alabam'" since time in service (WWII vet). Ran "Alabam's Barbershop" for decades.

How about @N2FL ranks his top 5 Nebraska Native FB players.

Flipping the question on its ear.....the 5 teams that you love to hate.

I place Bama in all 5 of my spots, but they claim 10.

Can't really say I 'hate' any teams. Notre Dame is probably the closest team to fit that category.

Notre Dame, Texas, Texas, Iowa and Notre Dame.

I used to like Alabama a bit when they sucked, Pre Saban, my grandfather is from Alabama and was known as "Alabam'" since time in service (WWII vet). Ran "Alabam's Barbershop" for decades.

How about @N2FL ranks his top 5 Nebraska Native FB players.

#1 is easy, Calvin Jones. My favorite Husker. After that it gets a bit tricky. The other guys I'd put in my top 5 aren't in-state kids. Going down the list a bit I'd go with Ahman Green and Zach Wiegert, but there aren't a lot of guys from the 80's and beyond (my era) who I watched play. Saying guys like Johnny Rodgers wouldn't be fair. And frankly, Eric Crouch and Scott Frost weren't favorites of mine, so that'd be a bogus list.

I'll go ahead and cheat and just list my top 5 favorite Husker offensive and defensive players:

Offense:

1. Calvin Jones
2. Lawrence Phillips
3. Ahman Green
4. Tommie Frazier
5. Will Shields

Defense (VERY difficult to narrow down):

1. Ndamukong Suh
2. Trev Alberts
3. Ed Stewart
4. Broderick Thomas
5. Toby Wright

#1 is easy, Calvin Jones. My favorite Husker. After that it gets a bit tricky. The other guys I'd put in my top 5 aren't in-state kids. Going down the list a bit I'd go with Ahman Green and Zach Wiegert, but there aren't a lot of guys from the 80's and beyond (my era) who I watched play. Saying guys like Johnny Rodgers wouldn't be fair. And frankly, Eric Crouch and Scott Frost weren't favorites of mine, so that'd be a bogus list.

I'll go ahead and cheat and just list my top 5 favorite Husker offensive and defensive players:

Offense:

1. Calvin Jones
2. Lawrence Phillips
3. Ahman Green
4. Tommie Frazier
5. Will Shields

1. Ndamukong Suh
2. Trev Alberts
3. Ed Stewart
4. Broderick Thomas
5. Toby Wright
Saying you started in the 80s I am curious how you missed Rimington and Steinkuhler (The father not the kids) Quite possibly the 2 greatest linemen in a school known for linemen.

Offense:

1. Calvin Jones
2. Lawrence Phillips
3. Ahman Green
4. Tommie Frazier
5. Will Shields

1. Ndamukong Suh
2. Trev Alberts
3. Ed Stewart
4. Broderick Thomas
5. Toby Wright

So you are so biased against Nebraska kids you can't even come up with a list! You've been (further) exposed! ;) Really surprised you didn't stuff the list with kids with measurables or kids that went elsewhere. The Danny Woodhead, Noah Fant, Harrison Phillips, Bryson Williams list that would have made a nice workaround cop out list.

Saying you started in the 80s I am curious how you missed Rimington and Steinkuhler (The father not the kids) Quite possibly the 2 greatest linemen in a school known for linemen.

I was too young to appreciate them. The first Nebraska players who caught my attention growing up were Broderick Thomas and Johnny Mitchell. Paid more attention to the Huskers after them.

My affinity really took off after my Dad took me to the Washington vs Nebraska game in Lincoln in '91. He's a huge Husky fan, and he'll never forget that game when the fans cheered Washington afterwards. Brings it up to this day. He's respected your program ever since and it's probably why i took such an interest myself.

There are several Nebraska offensive linemen who I really liked watching. Zach Wiegert, Toniu Fonoti, Aaron Taylor, Dominic Raiola, Aaron Graham and Brenden Stai in particular.

Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Ohio State
USC
Penn State ( Sandusky factor in retrospect )
"6th man-team": Clemson

Nebraska
LSU
Alabama
Duke
Arkansas (lol - I have my reasons)

:Biggrin:

You'll probably have to Google them unless you're from the Seattle/Tacoma/Puyallup area.

1. Cloverleaf
2. Zeek's
3. Wicked Pie
4. Veraci
5. Puget Sound Pizza
Are any of those located in Chaz? I'm probably gonna take a pass...

IMPO the two most important defensive targets on the board for Nebraska are DE Tobechi Okoli and DB Tommi Hill...

Yesterday, Hill put on a show at a camp in Orlando, being named the 'Alpha Dog' among the 150 or so kids in attendance. Four-star kid who most believe will decide between Nebraska, Oklahoma and Arizona State, with Mississippi State, Penn State and Arkansas trying to close the gap.

Cereals:

1. Cracklin' Oat Bran
2. Golden Grahams
3. Cinnamon Life
4. Cinnamon Toast Crunch
5. Cranberry Almond Fiber One

Candy (I'm more of a candy bar guy but...):

1. Red Vines
2. Starburst
3. Jujyfruits
4. Goobers
5. Dots

Dots? Guess we just as well figure out how to get this thread locked.

@N2FL, here are some dumb but interesting questions that have come up with conversations with friends over the years that you can turn into a Top 5 list from my Top 5 list:
  1. Best fast food chains when you really are in a hurry?
  2. Five places where you keep going back but hate (because of spouse, kids, in-laws etc.)?s
  3. Five best girly drinks that you'd drink if offered without witnesses?
  4. If you could choose 5 1 lb. packages of meat to grill, what cut, etc.?
  5. If you'd never met your wife, who would you choose as a replacement from each category: Disney princess, cartoon character, historical person, musician, actress?
Go!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back