• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

N. Illinois Week Practice Thread: 14 Sept. Coach Rhule

Just putting this in the record, Satterfield in presser yesterday was asked by Sipple (4:10) if the turnover issue just started or were there during practice in August.

Satt replied, "No, really It's just popped up in the last two weeks to this magnitude. And just really came to a head last week."

That is going to be open to some interpretation.
Coaches are like politicians!!

Just putting this in the record, fwiw:

Satterfield in presser yesterday was asked by Sipple (4:10) if the turnover issue just started or was there during practice in August.

Satt replied, "No, really It's just popped up in the last two weeks to this magnitude. And just really came to a head last week."

Interpret as you will.
Fair assessment. If he's lying he's lost respect, so believe it.
Approach wise? QBs cant have a kickers mentality, Satt knows that.
If Sims is healthy, and operates game ready, he starts.

Last edited:
I interpret it that there was some issue in August, otherwise he wouldn't have said the part about magnitude. But the problem wasn't as big as ot has been in games. Which makes sense. The degree to which it has been a problem in games would have been a huge deal if it happened regularly in practice.

That's why I think they don't want to throw Jeff under the bus, at least not yet. They probably believe they can get him back to where his error rate was low enough they tolerated it to get the benefit of the good stuff he does.

Just putting this in the record, fwiw:

Satterfield in presser yesterday was asked by Sipple (4:10) if the turnover issue just started or was there during practice in August.

Interpret as you will.
To this magnitude....

Consider pot stirred

IMG_0545.jpeg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back