• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MLS thread - 2014 season/Update: Donovan retiring

Ives Galarcep @SoccerByIves · When will MLS change? When enough new owners who have spent millions to invest decide they want more control of personnel matters. Only then

Ives Galarcep @SoccerByIves · Jones isn’t blameless in this mess. If he had accepted Chicago offer a few weeks back (B4 Revs jumped in) he’d be in Fire uniform by now

What a mess.....

Ives Galarcep@SoccerByIves · It’s clear MLS needs to give teams more autonomy w/signings but change isn’t happening any time soon, absurd given growing size of MLS

Yep. It's a bad time to have poor leadership. You have to let the sport develop and you can't do it by holding back teams that want to win and are willing to pay for it. I'll go a step further. It's the reason promotion and relegation is so important. Now I'll admit the popularity of soccer isn't high enough to make a P/R system work at this time. But you have to let teams who are too cheap to win fall by the wayside and get those teams into better owner's hands or to better cities that can support the financial investment.

Gaber needs to go and the league does not need to own or control the contracts anymore...time to move forward.....

Yep. It's a bad time to have poor leadership. You have to let the sport develop and you can't do it by holding back teams that want to win and are willing to pay for it. I'll go a step further. It's the reason promotion and relegation is so important. Now I'll admit the popularity of soccer isn't high enough to make a P/R system work at this time. But you have to let teams who are too cheap to win fall by the wayside and get those teams into better owner's hands or to better cities that can support the financial investment.

Yikes. Off night for RSL last night. Beaten 2-1 against 10 men. Must have been ridiculously hot because no one was running anywhere. Weird game all around. Perez is such a punk.

We rarely do well in TX because of the heat & humidity.....

Yikes. Off night for RSL last night. Beaten 2-1 against 10 men. Must have been ridiculously hot because no one was running anywhere. Weird game all around. Perez is such a punk.

Big game for Martin's vs. Portland today, he put on a show(had one of the best goals I have seen in awhile) and Seattle retook the lead in a tight division race with Dallas, RSL, and LA all within 5 points.

[video=youtube;MShNMp8YEiE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MShNMp8YEiE[/video]

What a mess.....he gets $2.25M a year for two years.....still too high in my opinion....

Grant Wahl @GrantWahl · A moment for the MLS Single Entity Pantheon: New England gets Jermaine Jones in a blind draw, Chicago loses out.

Oh my....

Grant Wahl @GrantWahl · Asked MLS source why no blind draw for Dempsey/Bradley. He claimed only one team fit all the conditions/interest to get each one. Really?

Prayers and thoughts to him....

Grant Wahl @GrantWahl · Thoughts go out to Fernando Clavijo, US WC94 player & Dallas TD whose son <s>@</s>ClavijoSoccer says he's battling cancer pic.twitter.com/QKwqfrdi1f

Bv6arP_CUAAa19i.jpg:large

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back