• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MLS thread - 2014 season/Update: Donovan retiring

HuskerMaestro

I play for Nebraska.
10 Year Member
Thought I'd do my part to keep the momentum going on the board through the rest of the MLS season.

Zusi (subbed in) and Besler (DNP) back with KC, who drew 1-1 with Chicago today. I forgot how much I liked Benny Feilhaber, playing a Dempsey-like role for SKC, unless my strategy eyes are off. Total dedication, good skill. He picked the pockets of several Fire players today.

Any further rumors on a possible Besler-to-Europe deal?

Also, Rimando and Becks are back with RSL, who beat New England 2-1 on Friday.

Top four teams at the moment (top two in each conference): Seattle, RSL, DC, SKC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes he is talking to SKC about a possible move to Europe.....I think it will happen.....

Thought I'd do my part to keep the momentum going on the board through the rest of the MLS season.

Zusi (subbed in) and Besler (DNP) back with KC, who drew 1-1 with Chicago today. I forgot how much I liked Benny Feilhaber, playing a Dempsey-like role for SKC, unless my strategy eyes are off. Total dedication, good skill. He picked the pockets of several Fire players today.

Any further rumors on a possible Besler-to-Europe deal?

Also, Rimando and Becks are back with RSL, who beat New England 2-1 on Friday.

Top four teams at the moment (top two in each conference): Seattle, RSL, DC, SKC.

Indeed....

Jimmy Conrad @JimmyConrad · If you want our national team to be ever better in 2018, then get out and support teams in <s>@</s>MLS. It's the breeding ground for our next gen.

Goal USA @GoalUSA · From <s>@</s>SoccerByIves: <s>#</s>MLS standouts poised for transfers after strong <s>#</s>WorldCup performances http://bit.ly/1mZYt4C

Br8lfZLIEAEkqRZ.jpg:large

Rumor Besler could be headed to QPR...team is loaded with $$$ with a billionaire owner....but until proven is an unknown.....not a great move in my opinion and I love QPR.....

Rumor Besler could be headed to QPR...team is loaded with $$$ with a billionaire owner....but until proven is an unknown.....not a great move in my opinion and I love QPR.....

A transfer to QPR is like kissing your cousin.

I'm going to root for SKC this year. No idea why.

I love the R's but not a good move to a promoted team even with their cash resources....

RSL is my club....from day one of their existence....from very bad to very good in just 4 seasons....credit Kries.....future USMNT head coach....

A transfer to QPR is like kissing your cousin.

I'm going to root for SKC this year. No idea why.

I love the R's but not a good move to a promoted team even with their cash resources....

RSL is my club....from day one of their existence....from very bad to very good in just 4 seasons....credit Kries.....future USMNT head coach....

It'll be interesting to see how the MLS will develop its play over time. Will they end up a physical league like Premier or more like LaLiga, etc. I'm hoping for the latter.

No doubt they were a copy kat of the EPL for the longest time as we both know.....I've seen more of a morph towards a middle ground of the two styles....a lot of that thanks to what Kies did at RSL....i.e. more of a La Liga style....

It'll be interesting to see how the MLS will develop its play over time. Will they end up a physical league like Premier or more like LaLiga, etc. I'm hoping for the latter.

As far as team following, I'm turning into a Sporting KC fan - partly due to regional interest and to their great fan support, but also to Feilhaber, Besler and Zusi. Of course players change, and we'll see what happens if/when they leave. SKC seems to have a decent coach as well...Peter Vermes is a former player, and the only person to with the MLS Cup as a player (2000) and coach (2013) for the same team.

Plus, they beat the heck out of the Royals and Chiefs when it comes to putting a top-quality team on the field. :Biggrin:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back