• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Minnesota Week Practice Thread: 30 August: Depart For Minnesota

Kaliakmanis is a better QB than Morgan ever was. The bigger loss is Ibrahim. That guy was a stud RB.
Disagree …. Kaliakmanis is an average QB lacking Morgan’s experience. He might be a bit better athlete/runner but his lack of experience relative to Morgan is significant. Additionally their biggest loss will be the 3 offensive linemen.

If we win it’s because their O-Line hadn’t yet gelled.

Last edited:

Watching him last year a couple times, I thought he had some really nice traits. If he get up to the mid 60s % completion wise, he could be a challenge.
Kalimanis had a 54.05% completion percentage and 127.35 QB rating. 3 TDs and 4 INTs.

Morgan was 66.88% and 151.74 respectively. 9 TDs and 5 INTs.

Last edited:
We are gonna crush them
While I like the enthusiasm . . . I have every expectation that this will be a slugfest and likely a heavy struggle. I hate Minny and Fleck, but they will almost certainly play well at home. If NU can manage to win the game at all, I'd imagine it's by a pretty slim margin.

Kalimanis had a 54.05% completion percentage and 127.35 QB rating. 3 TDs and 4 INTs.

Morgan was 66.88% and 151.74 respectively. 9 TDs and 5 INTs.
Kali's 127.35 is higher than 2 out of 3 years for Jeff Simms. Kali pushes the ball upfield better than Morgan. If he gets up to 65% he will be dangerous. He has a stronger arm than Morgan. He is young and it will start slowing down for him.

I just think he can use more of the field than Morgan. Kali averaged 8.5 ypa in his first year. That is pretty dang high.

Kali's 127.35 is higher than 2 out of 3 years for Jeff Simms. Kali pushes the ball upfield better than Morgan. If he gets up to 65% he will be dangerous. He has a stronger arm than Morgan. He is young and it will start slowing down for him.

I just think he can use more of the field than Morgan. Kali averaged 8.5 ypa in his first year. That is pretty dang high.
It won’t slow down for Sims this year? Or is it only Minnesota QBs who’s game will slow down?

Sure he can use more of the field … and Kali’s TD/INT ratio doesn’t suggest an inefficient QB?

You’re shifting back and forth between comparisons to a Morgan and to Sims. To date Morgan has been the more efficient and more effective QB. Kali is a better runner and that may be utilized more but using history to suggest Kali is a better QB than Morgan … the stats don’t support that supposition. Kali is NOT an inexperienced QB but like most QBs as the OLine goes so goes the QB and to that point Kali is inheriting a much poorer group than Morgan had.

If we win it’s because their O-Line hadn’t yet gelled.
This one made me laugh based on HM histrionics (not at you).

On a side note...Fleck's offensive lines don't rebuild. They reload. Although they may lack "some" experience this year, I would hesitate to say this group will struggle tonight. They have 3 Sr. and 2 Jr. on the starting OL. These are not a bunch of freshman. Looks a lot like how we used to run things.

Last edited:
This one made me laugh based on HM histrionics (not at you).

On a side note...Fleck's offensive lines don't rebuild. They reload. Although they may lack "some" experience this year, I would hesitate to say this group will struggle tonight. They have 3 Sr. and 2 Jr. on the starting OL. These are not a bunch of freshman. Looks a lot like how we used to run things.
Yep

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back