• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Minnesota Week Practice Thread: 30 August: Depart For Minnesota

I'm surprised by the comment about not fair catching kick offs. The whole reason for the fair catch rule is to minimize injuries, and we can ill afford to lose our return guys to injury. Plus, it seems like you usually don't make it past the 25 on your return, and even when you do there's probably a holding penalty that backs you up. I'll be interested to see how Rhule's approach plays out.

Last edited:

I'm surprised by the comment about not fair catching kick offs. The whole reason for the fair catch rule is to minimize injuries, and we can ill afford to lose our return guys to injury. Plus, it seems like you usually don't make it past the 25 on your return, and even when you do there's probably a holding penalty that backs you up. I'll be interested to see how Rhule's approach plays out.
I'm sure he's referring to not taking the 'easy way out' approach allot of schools use. The return might be there but 'let's just take it at the 25'.... If it's a high kick and coverage is close (like a punt return fair catch situation), he's fair catching it. I think he means a more, 'were going to try and get a good return and set the offense up for better field position', approach. Or score.
All gas, no fear.

I like it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back