• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

McCaffrey bros not happy with coach frost comments

There is no way of knowing if he got bad advice because we don't know how this will turn out for him and really however it does turn out we won't know if it would have been better at NU.

What if he becomes a 2 year starter and ends up getting drafted? Or what if he doesn't get drafted but still have a good career there and has a great time.

We don't know if he would ever be a starter here if he stayed. I would say the only we may know if it was a bad decision FOR HIM is if he never gets to start at Rice at QB.
The transfer to Louisville was the bad advise. That should be obvious.

3-4 summer workouts and then left Louisville
How is it permissible by NCAA rules to participate in any activity including team workouts without signing an agreement with the university for financial aid, enrollment, etc???

Coaching staff at NU haven't been addressing the transfer of the OSU DB by name, in part because all the documentation was not in place.

So if he has success at Rice, doesn’t that reinforce the fact he got bad advice to go to Louisville?

I took it as bad advice to transfer in general, not to which school. Or do you think if he wouldn't have transferred to Louisville he wouldn't have to anywhere?

The transfer to Louisville was the bad advise. That should be obvious.

Ok, but only if it was a choice or Louisville or stay at NU. If it was transfer no matter what, to find a better place and he finds a better place, then it's a good decision. Even if it's his second stop. Right?

Last edited:
Ok, but really only if he wold have stayed had he not gone there. If he knew he was going to transfer no matter what and it was just a matter of where...that the only thing the bad decision to choose Louisville first is that short time wasted on it. Right?
Try that in English

Eh, whatever. I'm glad our coach is honest. He's not rude about it, but you're never going to please everyone no matter what you say (or even how you say it). I don't think he should meekly hide in a corner just because his record isn't what we'd hope. It takes people like him speaking up to help drive changes to college football. This is the same guy that rightly stood up to the Big Ten's nonsense last season.

I'm proud that we have a guy on our sidelines that isn't afraid to say and do the right things, even if it's unpopular to some.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back