• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

McCaffrey bros not happy with coach frost comments

Not sure where you are going with this or just making a joke.

In my mind there are players that don’t fit the P5 mode for their position, they want to play that position and do so at lower levels. Some get lots of reps, become stars at their level and some become high draft picks, like the ND State QBs. Others also succeed in NFL. Danny Woodhead is another example.

Would they have accomplished the same thing had they walked on to a P5 school?

I think the McCaffrey’s are being idiots. And hey they’ve taken their clan operation from Cherry Creek to Greely. That sounds like they have decided to move up to just a slightly larger pond. If they were so good they should’ve gotten Ft Collins or Boulder. So they seem to be trying to prove themselves as coaches at the best level that will give them a shot.
Hey Klein,

You're familiar with the southeast Denver area?
I grew up there - graduated from Cherry Creek in 1992

Incidentally, can anyone tell me who the blonde is below, in the the click adds? "The woman everyone wanted to date in the 90's." Or something like that. I recognize her because that's my generation, but I can't place her. Anyone? Bueller?

How is it permissible by NCAA rules to participate in any activity including team workouts without signing an agreement with the university for financial aid, enrollment, etc???

Coaching staff at NU haven't been addressing the transfer of the OSU DB by name, in part because all the documentation was not in place.
beats me, but as the press has inquired, he could have returned to NU and not had any penalty

Allot of these problems centered on transferring is based on entitlement of this generation. I see competition as a negative for these young folks now, the missing concept of perseverance and winning the job actually translated in poor performance on the field.
**never give up! Adapt and overcome!!!** this is lost on this generation

beats me, but as the press has inquired, he could have returned to NU and not had any penalty

This one is probably peculiar because it's the McCaffrey family. Because of Ed and Christian's success in the NFL, not to mention the fact Ed's got a head coaching job, the family doesn't financially need for Luke to be on scholarship. Theoretically, he could go to any school in the country he wants and walk on.

Edit: Not sure about the enrollment issue. I'd think he'd have to at least be taking a summer course for him to have been able to participate at Louisville.

Last edited:
I think the bad advice was the advice to transfer to Louisville. That became obvious to Luke prrtty quickly. I have no problem with people advising Luke to transfer from Nebraska. Rice may be a better opportunity.

I agree with you on Luke's decision to transfer. If he thought Nebraska wasn't where he wanted to be, then by all means transfer and find a better place to be. In retrospect, the decision to transfer to Louisville is just really strange to me.

I can't believe that their coaches looked at tape of McCaffrey's throwing motion and decided "We can fix that" or "He's our starting QB next year" and then changed their minds in four days of official workouts. That just doesn't make sense. So I doubt they made any promises to him about being the starter and then told him this summer that he would have to compete for the job, or that it was best for him to switch positions. This is pure speculation, but this seems to me like a situation where Luke really wants to play QB. He either gets down on himself and transfers when he realizes that's not going to happen or he gets indignant and transfers when coaches tell him that's not going to happen.

Allot of these problems centered on transferring is based on entitlement of this generation. I see competition as a negative for these young folks now, the missing concept of perseverance and winning the job actually translated in poor performance on the field.
**never give up! Adapt and overcome!!!** this is lost on this generation

Nonsense.

Thousands of "regular" students transfer colleges every single year for any reason they want, and they've done that for decades. Had the political/judicial climate been different in 1985 and the NCAA business model challenged alongside Oklahoma's antitrust suit over how many times a team could appear on TV, what we're seeing right now would be considered normal. As Justice Kavanaugh wrote in his concurring opinion in today's SCOTUS ruling, "The NCAA's business model would be flatly illegal in almost any other industry in America."

Absent the rules penalizing athletes who transfer, this would be completely normal by now.

Last edited:

nqLx2eMSgVsre1SO9b.gif

Stopped reading after page one, are the mccafrey brothers still mad? Or did they grow up and move on?

Depends on what happens after Rice.

We've gone from Cornhuskers to Cardinals to Owls.....so....logic tells us we need another working class mascot for transfer #3.

Northern Arizona Lumberjacks?

Last edited:

If Dan Rather said it, it must be a lie...

I'm going to call the first two grammatically to be one paragraph... Considering I read his book when in came out in 1977, I am going to say I have decent long term memory. Don't ask me what I ate for dinner, however.

Rather then goes on to say (with no indication that he’s joking) the following:

“For whatever interest it may hold for historians, until the 1920s the official name of the college was the Sam Houston Institute of Teaching. When freshmen started wearing sweatshirts with the school’s initials the state legislature hastily passed an act and renamed it.”

This passage, which is cited in a footnote in our book, is the source of the Sam Houston Institute of Teaching anecdote that we unwittingly repeated.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back