• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

McCaffrey bros not happy with coach frost comments

There is no way of knowing if he got bad advice because we don't know how this will turn out for him and really however it does turn out we won't know if it would have been better at NU.

What if he becomes a 2 year starter and ends up getting drafted? Or what if he doesn't get drafted but still have a good career there and has a great time.

We don't know if he would ever be a starter here if he stayed. I would say the only we may know if it was a bad decision FOR HIM is if he never gets to start at Rice at QB.

I think this whole thing only stays alive if Nebraska fans keep making it an issue.

We’re really good about keeping stuff like this going!

:thumbsup:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
There is no way of knowing if he got bad advice because we don't know how this will turn out for him and really however it does turn out we won't know if it would have been better at NU.

What if he becomes a 2 year starter and ends up getting drafted? Or what if he doesn't get drafted but still have a good career there and has a great time.

We don't know if he would ever be a starter here if he stayed. I would say the only we may know if it was a bad decision FOR HIM is if he never gets to start at Rice at QB.
So if he has success at Rice, doesn’t that reinforce the fact he got bad advice to go to Louisville?

In general I agree. This may be a great move for him; we won’t know until it is over. I think Rice sounds like a good fit for him and always scratched my head over the Louisville decision.

TO had a scholarship lineman leave because he was behind a walk-on. The walk-on was all Big 8 & all-American candidate. Both were drafted in the same year, the transferee going higher (6th round vs 9th). Transferee had a far better NFL career (10 vs 2 years and a couple of pro bowls and teams all 50 year team).

Did TO (and O-Line coach) make correct decision on starter? Did transferee make correct decision? Definitely the transferee made a correct decision for himself, although he might have yet started at DONU (we don’t know). But both had great college careers and the transferee had a great NFL career. But most transferees do not do any better than ride the bench at their destination. I think it comes down to intangibles, a good hard working player is going to find his way on the field. A change maybe the best for them and they need to make it for themselves. But ultimately, they have to get it done themselves, it won’t be given to them.

I have no problem with LM moving on. I think his brothers and Mitch Sherman were out of line to think and conflate all of Frost’s comments exclusively all about Luke.

Last edited:
I think Rice sounds like a good fit for him and always scratched my head over the Louisville decision.
If Rice is a good "Fit" for a potential QB that could have played at Nebraska or Louisville, I think he should seriously consider a different position to play. I'm almost 100% certain, that he doesn't even start at Rice, all the fans will be chanting, WHO? WHO?

If Rice is a good "Fit" for a potential QB that could have played at Nebraska or Louisville, I think he should seriously consider a different position to play. I'm almost 100% certain, that he doesn't even start at Rice, all the fans will be chanting, WHO? WHO?
I think the stakes are lower at Rice and the ability to give QB reps greater. It would not surprise me if he has to change positions at Rice, too.

Not sure where you are going with this or just making a joke.

In my mind there are players that don’t fit the P5 mode for their position, they want to play that position and do so at lower levels. Some get lots of reps, become stars at their level and some become high draft picks, like the ND State QBs. Others also succeed in NFL. Danny Woodhead is another example.

Would they have accomplished the same thing had they walked on to a P5 school?

I think the McCaffrey’s are being idiots. And hey they’ve taken their clan operation from Cherry Creek to Greely. That sounds like they have decided to move up to just a slightly larger pond. If they were so good they should’ve gotten Ft Collins or Boulder. So they seem to be trying to prove themselves as coaches at the best level that will give them a shot.

Last edited:

Not sure where you are going with this or just making a joke.

In my mind there are players that don’t fit the P5 mode for their position, they want to play that position and do so at lower levels. Some get lots of reps, become stars at their level and some become high draft picks, like the ND State QBs. Others also succeed in NFL. Danny Woodhead is another example.

Would they have accomplished the same thing had they walked on to a P5 school?

I think the McCaffrey’s are being idiots. And hey they’ve taken their clan operation from Cherry Creek to Greely. That sounds like they have decided to move up to just a slightly larger pond. If they were so good they should’ve gotten Ft Collins or Boulder. So they seem to be trying to prove themselves as coaches at the best level that will give them a shot.
Not really trying to pile on to LM, just saying that if you go from Nebraska, to Louisville, and then move on to Rice, you probably aren't the starter that any of those schools are looking for at the QB position. I don't think he'll ever be a starter, but if he does "win" the job, I don't think he'll be very good at it. It's just my opinion is all.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back