• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #21, (W, 83-80), SUN, 1/29 vs PURDUE @ PBA, 3:30 Pm CST, BTN

B1G Basketball. Any given night.

Effort much, much better tonight. I wonder what clicks with these guys that makes them believe they can win. Or that makes them doubt they can win. Fine line between the two, and this team lives on it.
Definitely a team that is hard to figure out. I didn't give them a shot to win this game without Morrow. They played smart and fought hard. Huge win for sure.

Very entertaining game. Quality win.

I refrained from posting during the losing streak. Too many painful, frustrating losses that could have been wins. But I do clearly understand, we are a very young team. And it's fun watching these kids mature in their play. Regardless of what happens the remainder of this season, I'm really looking forward to next season. That said, I shouldn't look ahead too much. Nebraska is not an easy opponent for any of our competition ahead as we approach the stretch run.

Very entertaining game. Quality win.

I refrained from posting during the losing streak. Too many painful, frustrating losses that could have been wins. But I do clearly understand, we are a very young team. And it's fun watching these kids mature in their play. Regardless of what happens the remainder of this season, I'm really looking forward to next season. That said, I shouldn't look ahead too much. Nebraska is not an easy opponent for any of our competition ahead as we approach the stretch run.
Agree and let me put on my rose-colored glasses....if Morrow comes back healthy, anything can happen in the conference tournament.

Agree and let me put on my rose-colored glasses....if Morrow comes back healthy, anything can happen in the conference tournament.

Could definitely see the Huskers "stealing" one in the tournament, but like HWM said, Nebraska will be a tough out for anyone the rest of the way. Guts abound on this squad.

I told my 13 year old son before the game, you watch they will win this game. Why do they play so much better when they are up against a really good team?

Purdue is good. NU doesn't match up at all against them inside and they end up winning by having an Aussie have a career game and a frosh that was benched the week before score double digits.

Love the win, but why don't we see it against OSU, Rutgers, and northwestern.

I told my 13 year old son before the game, you watch they will win this game. Why do they play so much better when they are up against a really good team?

Purdue is good. NU doesn't match up at all against them inside and they end up winning by having an Aussie have a career game and a frosh that was benched the week before score double digits.

Love the win, but why don't we see it against OSU, Rutgers, and northwestern.
I wouldn't put Northwestern in the same category as the other two but your point is valid for sure. This team plays the role of underdog much better than they do the favorite.

We played well today, we deserved this win. It was nice that a few things went our way at the end, they sure haven't been lately. That Purdue team is good and will make a lot more noise in March than their last team did. When Mathias took that last shot, I just closed my eyes. I thought for sure it was in. Nebraska needed to foul before he even took that shot.

Jordy only had 6 points and 3 boards, but he really did a good job on Swanigan for the most part. I don't know how high of ceiling Jordy has, but I have a feeling he will be a solid player. Probably not an all-conference type, but a 10 and 8 guy who is incredibly disruptive on defense. Sometimes he thinks too much, needs to build confidence to trust his instincts.

Horne must be playing better defense in practice because he is earning minutes. He reminds me so much of myself my sophomore year in high school. Just a large, barrel-chested wing who could fill up a stat sheet coming off the bench. Instant offense inside and outside, could score a lot in a hurry. Defense? Optional. I needed to dog it so I could score, score, score. Couldn't figure out why coach wouldn't give me more minutes. Took a lot more ass-chewings and benchings than it should of to get it through my thick skull. I think that's where Jeriah was and I hope that's not where he is now. In terms of offensive effenciency, we are a different team when he's in there. 16 points, 7 boards, 1 assist. He also made a few other plays that aren't measured on a stat sheet that led to points.

Tai continues to impress with 15 points, 8 boards, and 6 assists. He's one of my favorite Nebraska players ever...any sport.

McVeigh continues his upward trajectory. 4-6 from behind the arc, 21 points, and had a couple of nice takes.

Jacobson was throwing up throughout the game and took an I.V. at halftime. Warrior.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back