• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #09, (L, 77-62) vs CREIGHTON, WED, 12/7 @ PBA, 8:00 pm CST, BTN

We can agree to disagree. This is a poor basketball team and is only competitive because they much things up. that's no strategy, IMO.
Having played on teams that had someone who could consistently score and forced defenses to adjust to that one player, I can tell you it would change this aimless style quickly. There really are some good, not great, players on this team. They just aren't a match for the other guys players when they have to play great.

Nebraska had a lot of open looks tonight. How many bad shots did we take? 6 maybe? We had a lot of good looks and couldn't knock them down, especially 3s. Tai getting his 4th that early killed us. After Tai went out, Creighton was something like 25 points in 14 possessions or something like that....we had no answer.

We played good defense in the 1st half but lost some confidence due to poor offense and we gave up 6 or 7 really easy buckets.

Officiating was fine. A few bad calls but I will take that officiating all day over the Clemson refs.

I just got back from the game and need some sleep, I will post a few more things tomorrow maybe.

I don't like mentioning Andrew White III and this will probably be the last time I bring his name up, but anyone who thinks Nebraska wouldn't be a significantly better team with AW3 is unequivocally incorrect. He's the leading scorer at Syracuse and averaged nearly 17 ppg for us last year. Creighton fans should definitely understand that considering he put 28 and 10 on them last year on their home court.

I don't live in what ifs and yeah buts and I certainly don't make excuses. There is no reason to not be better offensively and no reason why we can't develop our bench into more defined roles. That said, the loss of Andrew White mattered just like every basketball analyst predicted it would.

I don't like mentioning Andrew White III and this will probably be the last time I bring his name up, but anyone who thinks Nebraska wouldn't be a significantly better team with AW3 is unequivocally incorrect. He's the leading scorer at Syracuse and averaged nearly 17 ppg for us last year. Creighton fans should definitely understand that considering he put 28 and 10 on them last year on their home court.

I don't live in what ifs and yeah buts and I certainly don't make excuses. There is no reason to not be better offensively and no reason why we can't develop our bench into more defined roles. That said, the loss of Andrew White mattered just like every basketball analyst predicted it would.
A game Creighton won easily. Andrew white scored points. yes. but he didn't make nebraska a better team.

A game Creighton won easily. Andrew white scored points. yes. but he didn't make nebraska a better team.

This isn't that team. Webster has grown, as has Jacobson. We've got several new pieces that have the ability to be some pretty good players, but they aren't there yet and someone who has the offensive ability to draw the focus of the defense and give those newer players a little more space would be a huge benefit.

This isn't that team. Webster has grown, as has Jacobson. We've got several new pieces that have the ability to be some pretty good players, but they aren't there yet and someone who has the offensive ability to draw the focus of the defense and give those newer players a little more space would be a huge benefit.
He wouldn't hurt...that's for sure. and yes, nu would be better. but how much? nit at best...but no guarantee of that even. it's an unresolvable argument of course but I contend that nu is more than one solid player from being good. now...you throw one special player on that roster (pardon the Creighton reference but...a guy like Doug mcdermott) and now you're in business but there's a reason they call them "special".

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back