• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Matt Hayes, Sporting News can't believe Pelini is still here

Status
Not open for further replies.

OK, I'll laugh.
After a 7-7 season, he re-tooled his staff and went 9-3 before he was fired. 2003 was the last year we lost less than 4 games.

And 7 losses was the first time in my life that had ever happened. So was 4 losses in Solich's first season.

7 losses only 5 years removed from dominance. Not an example of excellence that others have called it.

So now you're only happy with Oregon/Alabama results?

How about you look at your Trojans? They got upset quite a few times, even during their run. How about Texas? Oklahoma? And the list goes on ... even Alabama has only 1 undefeated season during their run.

To answer your first question, no. I just want a top 15 team consistently. I don't think that's too much to ask. Nebraska should still be a top 15 program. Heck, I'd be happy with a top 20 program. But we are not that and we are only getting worse.

As for the Trojans, I would be THRILLED with the results USC had with Pete Carroll. Are you kidding me? I would be dancing a jig 24 hours a day. Yes, they were upset by inferior opponents almost regularly, but they also won SEVEN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS IN A ROW between 2002 and 2008. Plus two natties and three Heisman winners. Whenever my USC friends would complain about dropping a game to Oregon State, I would tell them that these are the glory years for them and they need to enjoy it while they can because it doesn't last forever (I knew all too well). Lo and behold, Kiffin came along (plus the sanctions) and USC has been mediocre ever since.

I look at Oklahoma fans and I think they're crazy if they want to run Bob Stoops out of town. I would be jumping for joy if we had Stoops-like success. The guy has won EIGHT conference championships in 14 years, plus one national championship and two Heisman winners.

What Pete Carroll did and what Bob Stoops has done would clearly exceed my level of expectations. Shoot, I'd be so happy, you'd have to surgically remove the smile from my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back