• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mark Richt fired after 9-3 season

I am inclined to agree.

My needs are simple. As long as we are not winning, I am okay if (1) UGA (2) ND (3) Penn State and (4) Texas do not win the Natty. Stanford just brought the last one down last night.

Herman is not > Richt.

Franklin = Riley

So as long as ND continues not to win it all, we can cut bait.

UGA just went down the path we went down with canning Solich and Pelini. Sucks to be them.

Please. This season was less of a dropoff from from last year than 2002 was to 2001 yet people stick up for Solich.

Please. This season was less of a dropoff from from last year than 2002 was to 2001 yet people stick up for Solich.

Not going to get into a peeing contest with you Re Do. But the numbers do not back you up. We went from 10-2 IIRC and playing for a Natty (yes we did not deserve it) to 7-7 and playing in the Liberty versus Eli. Last year, we went from 9-4 to 5-7. And possibly backing into a bowl we rightfully do not deserve. I want to go, but the only reason we are getting in is because there are too many bowls and not enough qualifying teams.

Not going to get into a peeing contest with you Re Do. But the numbers do not back you up. We went from 10-2 IIRC and playing for a Natty (yes we did not deserve it) to 7-7 and playing in the Liberty versus Eli. Last year, we went from 9-4 to 5-7. And possibly backing into a bowl we rightfully do not deserve. I want to go, but the only reason we are getting in is because there are too many bowls and not enough qualifying teams.

Your not going to get into it because you are wrong once again. Another of those who want to pretend Solich didn't destroy the Husker football program.

And yes, a 5 loss difference is worse than a three loss difference...even with Philly math.

Last edited:
Your not going to get into it because you are wrong once again. Another of those who want to pretend Solich didn't destroy the Husker football program.

And yes, a 5 loss difference is worse than a three loss difference...even with Philly math.

Well, you just showed your math. 2001-10-2 2002 7-7 10-7 = 3
2014-9-3 2015 5-7 9-5 = 4

Cowboys/Rangers fans, math not a strong suit huh?

We had a 3 win differential when Frankie was here. Riley gave a 4 win difference. Maybe you did not notice, but we played 2 more games in 2002 than we did in 2001?

Flyers 3-0 vs the Rags yesterday, 2-0 on the season. :rolfl:

Last edited:

Well, you just showed your math. 2001-10-2 2002 7-7 10-7 = 3
2014-9-3 2015 5-7 9-5 = 4

Cowboys/Rangers fans, math not a strong suit huh?

Flyers 3-0 vs the Rags yesterday, 2-0 on the season. :rolfl:

Two losses('01) to seven losses in 2002 is 5 not 3, we had four losses last year and have seven this year...that is a difference of three. OMG, please stop, you are making yourself look even more clueless than all of your posts do.:rolfl:

As for the Rangers, thats what happens when you play the scrubs against the weak teams. Look at the standings, another bottom feeding Philly team. What an embarrassing city for sports.:lol:

Two losses('01) to seven losses in 2002 is 5 not 3, we had four losses last year and have seven this year...that is a difference of three. OMG, please stop, you are making yourself look even more clueless than all of your posts do.:rolfl:

As for the Rangers, thats what happens when you play the scrubs against the weak teams. Look at the standings, another bottom feeding Philly team. What an embarrassing city for sports.:lol:

I choose to focus on the positive. We WON 10 games in 2001 and WON 7 in 2002. So, we had 3 less wins. We also played 2 MORE games.

We WON 9 games in 2014 and WON 5 in 2015. So, we had 4 less wins. But, big difference playing in the Liberty then and playing whatever bowl we play in this year.

Stop with the excuses about the Rags, last time I checked, ALL games count. You got shut out, at home.

Let me know how you celebrate division titles in November. Now you are sounding like Braves and Penguin fans. Let the season play out. Of course, when you only win 2 Stanley Cups in 75 years I guess you have to celebrate when you can. :rolfl:

I choose to focus on the positive. We WON 10 games in 2001 and WON 7 in 2002. So, we had 3 less wins. We also played 2 MORE games.

We WON 9 games in 2014 and WON 5 in 2015. So, we had 4 less wins. But, big difference playing in the Liberty then and playing whatever bowl we play in this year.

Not surprised that it is a reading comprehension problem then with you as I stated originally that the differences were in losses. Maybe have someone with a little better reading capability read posts to you to help you not make bold, yet horribly wrong statements in the future.
Stop with the excuses about the Rags, last time I checked, ALL games count. You got shut out, at home.

Let me know how you celebrate division titles in November. Now you are sounding like Braves and Penguin fans. Let the season play out. Of course, when you only win 2 Stanley Cups in 75 years I guess you have to celebrate when you can. :rolfl:

Yes, the season is only 1/4 of the way through...so maybe you want to put up some money on final standing then big talker? Maybe $100. I made it a nice easy round number as it appears math is kinda tough for you.

ld
Not surprised that it is a reading comprehension problem then with you as I stated originally that the differences were in losses. Maybe have someone with a little better reading capability read posts to you to help you not make bold, yet horribly wrong statements in the future.

Yes, the season is only 1/4 of the way through...so maybe you want to put up some money on final standing then big talker? Maybe $100. I made it a nice easy round number as it appears math is kinda tough for you.

That the Flyers finish higher than the Rags? Come on, I am former season ticket holder, but not that dumb. NYR are a better team, as much as I despise their fan base I respect their team. That being said, they do not win the Cup. Again.

The Flyers are in total rebuild mode. This year they dump the rest of their albatross contracts. In 2016-17 they make playoffs. I will make that bet for a C note.

ld

That the Flyers finish higher than the Rags? Come on, I am former season ticket holder, but not that dumb. NYR are a better team, as much as I despise their fan base I respect their team. That being said, they do not win the Cup. Again.

The Flyers are in total rebuild mode. This year they dump the rest of their albatross contracts. In 2016-17 they make playoffs. I will make that bet for a C note.

Most of the league makes the playoffs...even the Flyers did a couple of years ago before the Rangers sent them packing. Flyers have been rebuilding since the 70's.

Most of the league makes the playoffs...even the Flyers did a couple of years ago before the Rangers sent them packing. Flyers have been rebuilding since the 70's.

Got news for you, the Flyers have sent the Rangers packing more time in p/o than vice versa in playoffs.

Rangers have 1 Stanley Cup in 74 years. That is epic failure. And if they did not get lucky and play a .500 Canucks team that had 1 line (actually 1 player, Pavel Bure) and took them to 7 games in 1994, they have zippy.

BTW the supposed high and mighty Rangers were able to dispatch the low and weak Flyers in 7 games 2 years. And I am guessing when it was 2-1 in game 7 and the Flyers buzzing you were sweating bullets at the end of game 7. Henry saved your butt. And he ain't getting any younger. His window will close because the Rags refuse to give him help. Aww, too bad.

BTW the supposed high and mighty Rangers were able to dispatch the low and weak Flyers in 7 games 2 years. And I am guessing when it was 2-1 in game 7 and the Flyers buzzing you were sweating bullets at the end of game 7. Henry saved your butt. And he ain't getting any younger. His window will close because the Rags refuse to give him help. Aww, too bad.

Am I supposed to apologize for the Rangers not sweeping the Flyers? Its NHL hockey...upsets like that happen all of the time. Nice try but you still lost the series. And the Rangers were top 3 in both offense and defense last season...so its not just goaltending...but you know that if you know hockey like you say you do.

Am I supposed to apologize for the Rangers not sweeping the Flyers? Its NHL hockey...upsets like that happen all of the time. Nice try but you still lost the series. And the Rangers were top 3 in both offense and defense last season...so its not just goaltending...but you know that if you know hockey like you say you do.

You have the best G in the Eastern Conference. The deepest blue line. And some good, young talent. But the salary cap will ensure the Rangers (and any team) will have a window of 5-7 years. Chicago and LA are nearing the end of their window. LA may already be there. It's just the way it is. Sabermetrics have taken over the game. Puck possession, quality chances, etc. will rule the roost.

I have heard the same stuff for 3-4 years now how the Rangers and Pitt will dominate. Has not happened.

I would keep my eyes on teams like Dallas and Anaheim. They are the next wave. St Louis too.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back