• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Marcus Washington

Confirmed out for year with ACL.

That sucks on so many levels.
Hate that for him. Hopefully he can get a medical redshirt, if he is wanting to come back. Even still, it is a long road to recovery.

These young guys are going to be getting lots of reps now, even if they aren't ready.

You're not kidding. Looking at the depth chart without Washington, Nebraska has 1 Senior (Kemp) while everyone else is a Freshman or Sophomore. As many have pointed out, unless a bunch of the new players step up the second half of the season, Nebraska needs to hit the portal hard for difference-making receivers. Unfortunately, the heavy reliance on the run game (necessitated by the lack of experienced receivers) isn't going to help sell most recruits on opportunities for receivers.
I actually think it may be a selling point for a kid. Kids are going to see a ton of opportunity to play right away on a team that is perceived to be on the upswing. You could be right (and you probably are), but I think they can spin this into a positive, especially if some of these young guys show they are ready to ball out.

QB1, RB1, RB2, WR2, WR3, WR4 all out. Combine that with our line....ooof!

This is why people need to have patience. Show me an OC (and I'm not a Satt fan) who is going to be successful with those losses and that OL (w/ exception to elite programs who are 3-4 deep at each position).

Again, look at those who are out (or didn't pan out) and tell me if you'd predict we'd be 3-3 at this point in the season. Nobody would.

Last edited:

I actually think it may be a selling point for a kid. Kids are going to see a ton of opportunity to play right away on a team that is perceived to be on the upswing. You could be right (and you probably are), but I think they can spin this into a positive, especially if some of these young guys show they are ready to ball out.
I agree with you. It could be a selling point for some recruits, but it's probably a smaller group than for teams with pass-heavy schemes. Rhule's staff will have to work hard to identify recruits who have receiving talent and the willingness to block and not be the central focus of the offense. Those players are out there, but harder to find. On the plus side, those type of recruits are naturally more team-oriented so are probably less likely to transfer at the first sign of adversity.

Last edited:

For those wanting all those young wideouts on the field... well... here you go.

Expect throwing percentages to decrease. Let's hope the speed makes up for lack of experience and precision with some big plays.

This is a nightmare for a team that can't throw the ball consistently.

With that said...Bring it on! Gonna get interesting.
Learning on the fly for sure

Illinois guy probably feels bad for throwing MW down 30 yards away from the play

QB1, RB1, RB2, WR2, WR3, WR4 all out. Combine that with our line....ooof!

This is why people need to have patience. Show me an OC (and I'm not a Satt fan) who is going to be successful with those losses and that OL (w/ exception to elite programs who are 3-4 deep at each position).

Again, look at those who are out (or didn't pan out) and tell me if you'd predict we'd be 3-3 at this point in the season. Nobody would.
Plus a guy that was brought in to be a TE1 or TE2 and didnt get cleared and then melted down and got arrested.

honestly, if they get to 6 wins and a bowl losing all of those skill position players…it should be considered an amazing coaching job.

Plus a guy that was brought in to be a TE1 or TE2 and didnt get cleared and then melted down and got arrested.

honestly, if they get to 6 wins and a bowl losing all of those skill position players…it should be considered an amazing coaching job.
I honestly feel bad for the shredder in Satt's office having to eat page after page of the playbook.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back