• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Marcus Washington

But feel good for the dusty old mimeograph Ron Brown pulled out of storage that’s cranking out the sweet solvent-smelling pages from T.O.’s old playbook.
uv9wEk.gif

Man we have been killed by injuries so far this year. Lets hope it improves. I kept hearing on here how Duvall was bad for injuries yet we have suffered more season ending injuries than I think all of Duvall's years combined.

Man we have been killed by injuries so far this year. Lets hope it improves. I kept hearing on here how Duvall was bad for injuries yet we have suffered more season ending injuries than I think all of Duvall's years combined.
This team is lucky that the injuries are adding up on the offensive side of the ball and not the defense. The strong third (off, def, ST) is able to still give the team a chance. The D isn't injury free and has proven to be deeper, but if they racked up the # of injuries the offense has, this team would've likely topped out at 2 wins.

I don't like using the term "lucky" above and don't want it to come across like its a blessing for anyone to be hurt or minimize the toll it takes on the individuals, but when you are weighing the reality of injuries, the D can carry the team in a way the offense never could even completely healthy.

I am thinking the defense is playing more fluid and defense is too basic. Smart defenders are reading the plays. I am thinking the the passing offense it one of worst in power 5 programs.

This team is lucky that the injuries are adding up on the offensive side of the ball and not the defense. The strong third (off, def, ST) is able to still give the team a chance. The D isn't injury free and has proven to be deeper, but if they racked up the # of injuries the offense has, this team would've likely topped out at 2 wins.

I don't like using the term "lucky" above and don't want it to come across like its a blessing for anyone to be hurt or minimize the toll it takes on the individuals, but when you are weighing the reality of injuries, the D can carry the team in a way the offense never could even completely healthy.
I agree but we did lose arguably our best defender who I believe has been missing for two games now. But I dont think his injury is long term.

Blame on fake FieldTurf surface?

Free False Imprisonment

Last edited:
I am thinking the defense is playing more fluid and defense is too basic. Smart defenders are reading the plays. I am thinking the the passing offense it one of worst in power 5 programs.
I am thinking we have lost top 2 RBs 3of top 4 wrs and are playing the QB who was 2nd string at end of Fall camp. Hard to make Chicken salad without CHICKEN.

I am thinking we have lost top 2 RBs 3of top 4 wrs and are playing the QB who was 2nd string at end of Fall camp. Hard to make Chicken salad without CHICKEN.
when life deals you lemons you can make lemonaide. These are paid atheletes and not kids of 5 years ago. NIL and Transfer portals have changed the game.

when life deals you lemons you can make lemonaide. These are paid atheletes and not kids of 5 years ago. NIL and Transfer portals have changed the game.
I don't care if you are an NFL team,You lose that many of your top skill players your Offense will be severely limited. Heck most Teams lose a QB they are done and in the top of the draft.

I don't care if you are an NFL team,You lose that many of your top skill players your Offense will be severely limited. Heck most Teams lose a QB they are done and in the top of the draft.
You lose one fourth of your starters, you're not going to be that good, especially when you predecessor left the cupboards so empty you had to replace half the team to start with.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back