• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Mapieu Now Headed to LA Lafayette

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess part of me is completely confused why we pursued him in the first place if he had such significant academic issues and lacked motivation... for a team that could use help every year on the line just by being in the B1G, why paint yourself into a corner with 1 DL recruit with a ton of question marks

I guess part of me is completely confused why we pursued him in the first place if he had such significant academic issues and lacked motivation... for a team that could use help every year on the line just by being in the B1G, why paint yourself into a corner with 1 DL recruit with a ton of question marks

This is either a Riley or Devaney systematic screw up. Not at all surprising. Yes, confusing. This isnt much different than whiffing on CB's last year with no backup plan.

Is that the Harrison Phillips that went to Stanford? Me thinks you're placing a orange in the apple basket. Completely different scenario.
How so?

Instate, very talented DL gets overlooked for much of the recruiting cycle. Athlete is virtually begging for a Husker offer. Other big time program gets the athlete after instate program drags its butt.

One was Stanford's gain and the other was Wisconsin's gain.

Last edited:
This is either a Riley or Devaney systematic screw up. Not at all surprising. Yes, confusing. This isnt much different than whiffing on CB's last year with no backup plan.

I think having a Plan B was something the previous staff often lacked. When you go all out for some of the studs you better have a backup plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back