• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Mapieu Now Headed to LA Lafayette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.

If we get to May and he does qualify AND there happens to be a scholie available, the coaches could reconsider.
I don't see it happening. He knew what he had to do to be qualities way back in 2016.

Wish the best for him.

I don't see it happening. He knew what he had to do to be qualities way back in 2016.

Wish the best for him.
To be perfectly frank, I think he qualifies in May. But I think the coaches backed off and this was a convenient reason to pull the offer, because they are already full up and turning away better recruits.

The deadline to sign a NLI for the 2018 class is April 1st

Obviously, you are way more knowledgeable on this subject than I am, but wouldn't he be able to walk on, and then subsequently be awarded a scholarship if one is available, and the coaches still want him? I would think a school could offer a scholarship at any time if they are below the 85 limit. Or, are there restrictions on awarding scholarships to walk-ons, such as minimum time enrolled?

Obviously, you are way more knowledgeable on this subject than I am, but wouldn't he be able to walk on, and then subsequently be awarded a scholarship if one is available, and the coaches still want him? I would think a school could offer a scholarship at any time if they are below the 85 limit. Or, are there restrictions on awarding scholarships to walk-ons, such as minimum time enrolled?

There is a minimum time enrolled restriction. Basically if a walk-on is awarded a scholarship during their first two years on campus, that is counted against the yearly 25. But, if they earn a scholarship in years 3-5, then it does not count. Obviously any time a scholarship is awarded it counts against the 85.

Last edited:
Could they grey-shirt him and have him count towards next year's class?

If they really want him, they may as well let him just enroll at IWCC for a year and then sign him in the '19 class. His coach is confident he's gonna be eligible come May, but I agree with Frost not risking it. They have too many options to risk not taking one of them and still missing on Mapieu too. JMPO.

If they really want him, they may as well let him just enroll at IWCC for a year and then sign him in the '19 class. His coach is confident he's gonna be eligible come May, but I agree with Frost not risking it. They have too many options to risk not taking one of them and still missing on Mapieu too. JMPO.

I like that idea ... Could be enroll at IWCC for only one semester, and then enroll at NU for Spring semester?

I like that idea ... Could be enroll at IWCC for only one semester, and then enroll at NU for Spring semester?

If he qualifies, that would be an option. Andrew Bunch transferred to Nebraska from Scottsdale CC for the second semester (spring practices) of his true freshman season. If he doesn't qualify, then he would need his associates before transferring to a four year college.

So players aren't added in the summer? Thought i saw in the JUCO article that Jean-Baptiste came to NU during the summer....is that really not an option for a HS recruit?

We've added JUCO (Jean Baptiste) and Prep School (Slauson) players in the summer before. Not sure about High School players though.

Sean Callahan was saying this morning on KFAB that this is the probable route for him next season (IWCC).

Last edited:

So players aren't added in the summer? Thought i saw in the JUCO article that Jean-Baptiste came to NU during the summer....is that really not an option for a HS recruit?

We've added JUCO (Jean Baptiste) and Prep School (Slauson) players in the summer before. Not sure about High School players though.

Jordan Stevenson joined the team in August 2015.

An NLI is not the same thing as a scholarship. A NLI guarantees a scholarship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back