• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Low Big Ten Expectations for the Huskers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see us ending up either 2nd or 3rd in the division, but, a better team overall. 2012 puts us in position for our 2013 NC run!

Maybe this is what this team needs... a perceived lack of national respect, to get them motivated enough to fight through adversities. Personally I felt the expectations for last year were overblown and trumped up to a point where we had no where to go but down, this year the team should come out with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove. Respect is the byproduct of execution. BBR

Yep. I'd always rather have disrespect than overblown expectations.

These kids do read the newspapers and watch the sports news. They get to believing the hype..........

the third year + players on this team are used to the season starting with us ranked 14-20, so by nebraska standards, that is low expectations, but not actually in our final rankings of the last decade. We are starting not too far from where we are finishing.

for me success equals forward movement, which means 11 wins, so whether thats 11-2 or 11-3, i take that as positive season. If we appear in the BIG ccg, then we need to win either that, or the bowl game to finish the year well.

Yep. I'd always rather have disrespect than overblown expectations.

These kids do read the newspapers and watch the sports news. They get to believing the hype..........

Not me. I remember when just being Nebraska completely intimidated opponents (other than Oklahoma, Texas, and a few others) and was probably worth 2 or 3 touchdowns or more. When they disrespect you, they believe they can beat you and that you are vulnerable...unfortunately, we've brought that on ourselves over the past decade.

I don't know that it is a knock on Nebraska as much as it is a realistic comparison of cross-over schedules and praise for the strength of the division, which most pundits say is clearly the more difficult of the two (kind of nice to be in the tougher division, no?). Most have stated that either Michigan or Mich St is not only the divisional favorite, but the conference favorite as well. :2cents:

We are still on the entry fee punishment :wow:schedule aren't we.

Pretty sure the NCAA can investigate the B1G for setting up that brutal schedule if TO were to press the issue....:Biggrin:

That would be helpful.

Early Osborne interviews about the conference switch were pretty funny b/c he obviously saw exactly what they were trying to do in Fball.

A lot of places have us finishing tied with MSU and UM. Personally I think that is a wussy way of avoiding a pick. But it conveys the sentiment that UM MSU and NU are all relatively comparable.

Let's see now...3rd place in one of the divisions of the 4th or 5th best BCS conference.

So far leaving the Big 12 hasn't turned out too "Rosy.". 18 months ago, we were in our second straight championship game of the country's 2nd best conference.

According to the pundits, we descended to mediocrity after all. I sure hope they are wrong, but so far the evidence suggests they are spot on. See last year's Northwestern game (yes, they beat NU in Lincoln. Yes NORTHWESTERN) as case in point.

Last edited:

Let's see now...3rd place in one of the divisions of the 4th or 5th best BCS conference.

So far leaving the Big 12 hasn't turned out too "Rosy.". 18 months ago, we were in our second straight championship game of the country's 2nd best conference.

According to the pundits, we descended to mediocrity after all. I sure hope they are wrong, but so far the evidence suggests they are spot on. See last year's Northwestern game (yes, they beat NU in Lincoln. Yes NORTHWESTERN) as case in point.

Expectations have dropped significantly, evidently 9 or 10 wins is more than enough for most. Not sure what happens if we find a way to win less than that...gotta think they'll need to see it at least two or three years in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back