• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Low Big Ten Expectations for the Huskers

Status
Not open for further replies.

YUENGLING

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
Almost everything I read says the Huskers will finish third in their division. I can't remember when the national media had lower expectations ( Callahan's final year? ) for a Nebraska team. I do believe the fan base ( even those not drinking the koolaid) expect much more.

I certainly do. We can win the division and 2nd would be a disappointment but could easily happen. Third would be falling well short of expectations

Almost everything I read says the Huskers will finish third in their division. I can't remember when the national media had lower expectations ( Callahan's final year? ) for a Nebraska team. I do believe the fan base ( even those not drinking the koolaid) expect much more.

It doesn't bother me much. Just as well!

The Huskers need to come out and have the season we all expect of them. Then the likes of ESPN will finally give the Huskers their due.

Maybe this is what this team needs... a perceived lack of national respect, to get them motivated enough to fight through adversities. Personally I felt the expectations for last year were overblown and trumped up to a point where we had no where to go but down, this year the team should come out with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove. Respect is the byproduct of execution. BBR

Last edited:
I haven't seen anything to convince me that we're division contenders...lotsa talk...but no proof.

Maybe this is what this team needs... a perceived lack of national respect, to get them motivated enough to fight through adversities. Personally I felt the expectations for last year were overblown and trumped up to a point where we had no where to go but down, this year the team should come out with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove. Respect is the byproduct of execution. BBR

I agree with this. We got everyone's best shot because media types were giving the impression that Huskers fans expected the team to take over the league. Most Husker fans were much more realistic than that given the brutal schedule.

This year we have the same brutal schedule and a third place finish is not out of the question. The nature of any losses has a bearing on our opinion. Three losses by a field goal each would feel much different that three losses by 3 touchdowns each.

Good take, Cyberbach.

I would say 3rd in the division would be a dissapointment for me....

I am expecting 2nd in the division and hoping for us to be a bit better than I expect, and maybe hoping for another team to not be quite as good as i'm expecting. Michigan is gonna be a dog fight, I don't care if that's at home or not. Huskers have shown me nothing at home to make me think our home field advantage is anything more than the other team having to travel to get to us...

We all saw how the Legends Division favorites did last year so that shows you what the pundits know. ;)

Last edited:

I don't know that it is a knock on Nebraska as much as it is a realistic comparison of cross-over schedules and praise for the strength of the division, which most pundits say is clearly the more difficult of the two (kind of nice to be in the tougher division, no?). Most have stated that either Michigan or Mich St is not only the divisional favorite, but the conference favorite as well. :2cents:

Iowa's probable suckage should make 3rd place more easily attainable for NU. Northwestern may beat the Huskers again, but will lose more conference games. Yeah, third sounds about right.

Although no one is picking the Huskers to win the NC, there are those that are predicting the Huskers to be in the thick of the Big Ten race. Steele has Neb-Mich-MSU as co-champs, however he picks the Huskers to come out on top in the Division. USA TODAY and Athlon has the Huskers as 2nd in the Division with a 10-2 record...and Athlon even has Neb going to a BCS bowl (Fiesta). Lindy's does predict a 3rd place finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back