• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Looks Like We have Separation

I can't understand how such a one dimensional team like Wisky keeps besting the Huskers. Yes, they are good, but this year they should NOT be ranked in Top 10 to start the season. They don't have a very good QB, substandard WR's, and injuries to starting LB leaves them not great there. Why does this team have such media ❤️ and the Huskers' number? We should beat them this year. We still would have a difficult time winning the West Division as we play a tougher schedule. I hope our guys beat them and start getting this evened up. Otherwise, Wisky is looking like the Longhorns, who beat the Huskers even when the Huskers had better teams. They just had our number no matter what
They are in our heads...that should change this year. Oklahoma was a one dimensional team that owned Tom Osborne for a very long time. Not sure I'd call Texas one dimensional but they were certainly in our heads as well. For a short while, early in his career Missouri was in TO's head.

Last edited:

They are in our heads...that should change this year. Oklahoma was a one dimensional team that owned Tom Osborne for a very long time. Not sure I'd call Texas one dimensional but they were certainly in our heads as well. For a short while, early in his career Missouri was in TO's head.

Definitely a monkey we need to get off our backs, and until we do Wiscy will claim what N's status should be - best in the West (B1G).

Yes, they are good, but this year they should NOT be ranked in Top 10 to start the season. I can't understand how such a one dimensional team like Wisky keeps besting the Huskers. They don't have a very good QB, substandard WR's, and injuries to starting LB leaves them not great there.

I disagree. I think they have a very good QB. Mobile, quick release, & throws a nice-looking ball. Keep in mind he was just a RS freshman last season. Their WR's & RB's really impressed the BTN guys. They have so many LBs, next man up will work for them.

They were the best in the West last year and should be even better this year. They finished the 2016 season as the #10 team, so why shouldn't they be #10 to begin this season? Makes sense to me.

Last edited:
I disagree. I think they have a very good QB. Mobile, quick release, & throws a nice-looking ball. Keep in mind he was just a RS freshman last season. Their WR's & RB's really impressed the BTN guys. They have so many LBs, next man up will work for them.

To me Wiscy is all about the trenches, if you can match their physicality there - N's skill positions should be able to out shine theirs.

- N's skill positions should be able to out shine theirs.

I would not bet on it. We don't have any projected all-conference players at RB, TE or WR do we? UW has the best TE in the conference. Can't tell what UW has at RB & WR until they play some games.

I would not bet on it. We don't have any projected all-conference players at RB, TE or WR do we? UW has the best TE in the conference. Can't tell what UW has at RB & WR until they play some games.
LOL...why not give Nebraska the same benefit of the doubt? You don't think QB is a skill position? Or Safety, CB's LB's? We have plenty of skill position players and will beat Wisky this year. BTW, our RB's even as a group, are far ahead of Wisky's this year...they would literally need a shocker to emerge and they really don't seem to expect it based on their practices to date.

BTW, I'm sure that I will bet on it. My only concern with Wisconsin is whether we end up favored to beat them by too many points. Here's to wishing them early success, so they are favored by a lot when they come to Lincoln.

Last edited:
LOL...why not give Nebraska the same benefit of the doubt? You don't think QB is a skill position? Or Safety, CB's LB's? We have plenty of skill position players and will beat Wisky this year. BTW, our RB's even as a group, are far ahead of Wisky's this year...they would literally need a shocker to emerge and they really don't seem to expect it based on their practices to date.

BTW, I'm sure that I will bet on it. My only concern with Wisconsin is whether we end up favored to beat them by too many points. Here's to wishing them early success, so they are favored by a lot when they come to Lincoln.

When the BTN visited UW, they scrimmaged. UW had a freshman RB go 70 yards on a run and another 70 yards on a pass play against UW's #1 defense. What NU running back could match that? Do we have a RB capable of 70-yard runs?

But, go ahead and bet if you want.

When the BTN visited UW, they scrimmaged. UW had a freshman RB go 70 yards on a run and another 70 yards on a pass play against UW's #1 defense. What NU running back could match that? Do we have a RB capable of 70-yard runs?

Have they played this year's Wisky defense? Sounds like Wisky's defense might suck. I wouldn't trade our RB situation for theirs, and neither would MR.

Have they played this year's Wisky defense? Sounds like Wisky's defense might suck. I wouldn't trade our RB situation for theirs, and neither would MR.

The last time we had a guy that could go 70 yards from the LOS was when T-Magic was here. We don't have a guy like that right now. UW does. But go ahead and pooh, pooh it and place your bet.

The last time we had a guy that could go 70 yards from the LOS was when T-Magic was here. We don't have a guy like that right now. UW does. But go ahead and pooh, pooh it and place your bet.
You can't compare practice results to game results and be taken seriously.

Tre Had a couple long ones last year. He was a true freshman. I would argue he had a better freshman season than AA. So yeah we might. GFOA might be right. It may be that Wiskys D is taking a step back.

You can't compare practice results to game results and be taken seriously.

Gerry and Howard have seen UW practice. You have not. Those two guys claim that UW is talented across the board...at every positon.

Do you want me to dismiss what they say and pay more head to a guy (you) who has never laid eyes on the 2017 version of UW?

No thanks

But if it makes you angry that UW is a top 10 team, and you badly want to see that come to an end, place your bet.

last season UW lost 3 games...Michigan by 7, Ohio State in overtime, and PSU by 7 in the CC game. If you think an NU win over UW is sure thing, be sure you are betting your own money and not someone else's.

Here is another UW report for you to pass off as a myth. Land of 10 claims that RB will be a UW strength this year. I have not been able to find a similar media report for NU's RBs.

https://www.landof10.com/wisconsin/badgers-position-preview-running-backs-will-team-strength

Oh, and one more thing...the reason UW's freshman RB went 70 yards is not because UW has a weak defense. It is because the freshman RB (Jonathan Taylor) is New Jersey's reigning 100-meter dash champion. He also broke Corey Clement's NJ HS single season rushing record of 2,500 yards by running for 2,800 yards last season.

But GFOA, don't even worry about it. Go ahead and place your bet.

https://www.landof10.com/wisconsin/badgers-position-preview-running-backs-will-team-strength

Last edited:

But if it makes you angry that UW is a top 10 team, and you badly want to see that come to an end, place your bet.

If you think an NU win over UW is sure thing, be sure you are betting your own money and not someone else's.

Here is another UW report for you to pass off as a myth. Land of 10 claims that RB will be a UW strength this year. I have not been able to find a similar media report for NU's RBs.

Actually, I want them to be very highly ranked, unbeaten and a heavy favorite coming into Lincoln. Rest assured, if all that happens, I will be placing a vary large wager on the money line, taking our Huskers to win it straight up.

Last edited:
Actually, I want them to be very highly ranked, unbeaten and a heavy favorite coming into Lincoln. Rest assured, if all that happens, I will be placing a vary large wager on the money line, taking our Huskers to win it straight up.

GFOA, In case you missed it...the reason UW's freshman RB went 70 yards (twice) is not because UW has a weak defense. It is because the freshman RB (Jonathan Taylor) is New Jersey's reigning 100-meter dash champion. He also broke Corey Clement's NJ HS single season rushing record of 2,500 yards by running for 2,800 yards last season.

But GFOA, don't even worry about it. Surely NU is better than UW because that is the way things ought to be. So, go ahead and place your bet.

Plus we have DB who reportedly ran a 10.6 100 meters. Maybe he can catch the UW frosh.

Last edited:

Yes, a couple.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back