• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Looks Like We have Separation

NU wins this year. I'm calling it now. I was 50/50 before, but I think our boys are tired of being looked down on by that school in Madison and hearing about how it's a one horse race in the West.

Yep, DiNardo made his call. But his call does not measure things like heart, desire, want to, and a need for payback.

We will also have this curious thing known as home field advantage.

Last edited:
I was fairly impressed with him. Talented but inconsistent. Last season he was just a RS freshman. He is bound to get better.

Something about lefties that makes them look inherently soft to me. Steve Young, Kenny Stabler, Michael Vick and Boomer Esiason are the only ones I can think of who don't fit that mold.

Something about lefties that makes them look inherently soft to me. Steve Young, Kenny Stabler, Michael Vick and Boomer Esiason are the only ones I can think of who don't fit that mold.

Bobby Douglass may have been before your time. He was a linebacker playing QB. I think you overlooked Tim Tebow as well. He was a fullback playing QB.

NU wins this year. I'm calling it now. I was 50/50 before, but I think our boys are tired of being looked down on by that school in Madison and hearing about how it's a one horse race in the West.

I wish I had your optimism, but in recent history when I thought NU would have extra motivation, in never really showed up on the field.

Bobby Douglass may have been before your time. He was a linebacker playing QB. I think you overlooked Tim Tebow as well. He was a fullback playing QB.

Oh, I remember Bobby Douglass very well...good catch. Great Orange Bowl game that the Jayhawks lost to Penn St. in '69...didn't hurt to have John Riggins as his RB, either. I was also a Bears fan in my youth (mainly due to Sayers and Butkus). Tebow was/is a soft passer.

I wish I had your optimism, but in recent history when I thought NU would have extra motivation, in never really showed up on the field.

It may have been more like false bravado before, but NU has played Wisconsin tough the last two years. In both those games Sconi had the superior team. I don't think that's the case anymore. I think the hustle is starting to match the talent in Lincoln and while our boys are young, I think this team becomes pretty dang salty as the season progresses. That's just my gut feeling.

Those are some big dudes, no doubt about it. Not that impressed with Hornibrook, though.

But they may not be asking him to win games. If there D and running game are strong, he just needs to avoid turning the ball over. This, IMO, gives NU and NW a shot. We are more of a threat to hit a big play on the outside this year, not only because of speed but because of Lee. If we can put pressure on UW and IA to make their QBs beat us, I like our chances.

But they may not be asking him to win games. If there D and running game are strong, he just needs to avoid turning the ball over. This, IMO, gives NU and NW a shot. We are more of a threat to hit a big play on the outside this year, not only because of speed but because of Lee. If we can put pressure on UW and IA to make their QBs beat us, I like our chances.

No doubt, a good game manager at the QB spot will suffice if you have a great defense and running game. That said, I'm assuming every coach would like to have a stud QB.

Deiter- 3* #62 OG
Dietzen- 3* #34 OT
Benzschawel- 3* #130 OT
Biadasz- 3* #52 SDE
Edwards- 3* #21 TE

3* players and yet a top ten ranking. They are doing something right.

But I am glad they are. NU needs a rival...a consistent top-15 challenger in the West. When Oklahoma went to the Big 12 South, things got rather dull.

Last edited:
No doubt, a good game manager at the QB spot will suffice if you have a great defense and running game. That said, I'm assuming every coach would like to have a stud QB.

Purdue has a good QB. They need him badly.

Last edited:

Deiter- 3* #62 OG
Dietzen- 3* #34 OT
Benzschawel- 3* #130 OT
Biadasz- 3* #52 SDE
Edwards- 3* #21 TE

The recruiting services get it right some of the time, though as a coach or staff you have to trust your instincts. Someone at Wisky knows what they're doing when evaluating O-linemen who fit their system and project better than the services give them credit for. NU won't be great again until the O-line is great again. Simple on paper, but difficult to execute.

Last edited:

It always looks like Nebraska should be better than Wisconsin, but the bottom line is they usually end up beating us. We think Nebraska will tear up the big 10 but others see it like it is. We have to prove it on the field. Wisconsin is better than us until we go out and stop them from being better.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back