• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Looks Like We have Separation

DiNardo said we are doing the exact same thing as Wisconsin. Both teams have a pro-style offense and a 3-4 defense.

1. Looks like we have a better QB but they may have a better O-line.

2. Better talent at RB is TBD.

3. They have a great secondary, ours is a work in progress.

4. Both teams have tons of good Linebackers to work with.

5. Who has the best DL? TBD.

6. Receivers and tight ends looks like a push. Both look good.

7. Special Teams - NU has a good kicker and good potential at punter. Good potential at KO & Punt returner as well. Wisconsin probably in the same boat, but not sure.

I just hope our running game can match theirs.

Last edited:

Deceptive thread. I was hoping that MR had announced that one of our RB's had separated himself to ease thill's disappointment in them. Instead, I see it's another thread quoting that moron DiNardo and spreading what is obviously horse manure.

Last edited:
The recruiting services get it right some of the time, though as a coach or staff you have to trust your instincts. Someone at Wisky knows what they're doing when evaluating O-linemen who fit their system and project better than the services give them credit for. NU won't be great again until the O-line is great again. Simple on paper, but difficult to execute.

Offensive linemen are probably the most difficult to project out. There are always sure things but there are a ton of guys that get rated lower because they are a 6'5" 260 coming out of high school instead of 6'6" 300.

Doesn't mean in 3 years they aren't 50lbs heavier and beating out the 4* coming out of hs.

Offensive linemen are probably the most difficult to project out. There are always sure things but there are a ton of guys that get rated lower because they are a 6'5" 260 coming out of high school instead of 6'6" 300.

Doesn't mean in 3 years they aren't 50lbs heavier and beating out the 4* coming out of hs.

Agree

I appreciate the BTN's campus tour evaluations. They are fun and informative. However, the best method for getting accurate team evaluations is to have the teams play each other.

jerry-lewis-nutty.jpg

Or just compare which team has the higher ranking in recruiting. :thumbsup:

It may have been more like false bravado before, but NU has played Wisconsin tough the last two years. In both those games Sconi had the superior team. I don't think that's the case anymore. I think the hustle is starting to match the talent in Lincoln and while our boys are young, I think this team becomes pretty dang salty as the season progresses. That's just my gut feeling.

Was it 2 years ago when Wiscy won with a FG (after they missed the previous attempt) at the end of the 4th, when a 1st down would have sealed us a win?

Something about lefties that makes them look inherently soft to me. Steve Young, Kenny Stabler, Michael Vick and Boomer Esiason are the only ones I can think of who don't fit that mold.
I agree. Stabler was my fav growing up. He threw such a pretty looking ball. If it were me, I'd probably never draft a left handed QB. Something just rarely looks right.

The recruiting services get it right some of the time, though as a coach or staff you have to trust your instincts. Someone at Wisky knows what they're doing when evaluating O-linemen who fit their system and project better than the services give them credit for. NU won't be great again until the O-line is great again. Simple on paper, but difficult to execute.

Indeed. We have definitely had some O-linemen who didn't live up to their star rating, and we haven't recruited roster depth to fit a system. See last year when people were clamoring to burn OL redshirts to protect our 2nd string walk on QB. We need to recruit to an identity.

Deceptive thread. I was hoping that MR had announced that one of our RB's had separated himself to ease thill's disappointment in them. Instead, I see it's another thread quoting that moron DiNardo and spreading what is obviously horse manure.

He is the winningest coach at every school he coached during the time he coached there and should be afforded that level of respect.

Yes. It was my sons first Husker game. He pooped just as the Cheese Rodent kicker made that kick. Considering he was only a few days old, his comedic timing was impeccable.

All we needed was a 1st down and we win... THEY EVEN MISSED A FG FOR US!!! :Bananalazy:

I'm not too interested in what DiNardo has to say. Like Paramus said, let's just play the games.

But the Huskers are 1-5 against Wiscy since joining the B1G, 3 losses were by more than 30 points, and we've lost 4 in a row. They already have separation from us, at least.

Aside from going at least 8-4, to me, beating them is clearly the most important thing the huskers need to accomplish this year.

Last edited:

Suhperman said:
Wish I could find and keep a job making predictions that rarely come true. Sports prognosticators and TV weathermen (love ya, HWM!) have made a cottage industry out of doing just that.

I wonder if that's because guys like us sit around talking about it anyway. ;)

Last edited:
Well of course they separated themselves. They are the only team that scrimmaged for him.

How can he fairly compare NU to UW unless both teams scrimmage? DiNardo said he wasn't even able to evaluate NU's O-line because they only did some technique-type drills among themselves.

Also, DiNardo is jumping the gun. He has yet to visit Purdue, Illinois and Northwestern.
BINGO on the entire post.
Nothing like perspective. I hope Wisconsin has a helluva team when our boys exact revenge and claim our rightful spot

Seems to me we struggle with a two gap D-line against those huge o-linemen. From what I understand our new system requires our D-line to cover two gaps. This worries me a little. Perhaps we will run a 4 man front against Wisconsin.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back