• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Logan Smothers Transferring to Jacksonville State (Alabama)

Really wish he could have stuck around, our QB room is a huge question mark top to bottom. Having someone with experience and athleticism sure would be nice.

This is bad news, as I was really hoping that Smothers would decide to return. Our quarterback room is a big concern. I was a fan of Casey Thompson and view his decision to transfer as a huge loss. Jeff Sims may be more athletic but his passing is more inconsistent. (Casey was pretty accurate when he had time to throw.) And if Sims goes down, I'm not sure we have a competent backup. Purdy did not inspire confidence last year, and Haarberg is unproven. I don't know enough about Woche to know what he can do, but at the very least he is also unproven. Hopefully, Purdy, Haarberg and Woche will surprise me if they are needed.

Last year I had a sinking feeling when Nouili was declared ineligible because I knew that was a big loss at a position group that was already thin. And that sinking feeling turned out to be completely justified. I have the same feeling now. I really hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
This is bad news, as I was really hoping that Smothers would decide to return. Our quarterback room is a big concern. I was a fan of Casey Thompson and view his decision to transfer as a huge loss. Jeff Sims may be more athletic but his passing is more inconsistent. (Casey was pretty accurate when he had time to throw.) And if Sims goes down, I'm not sure we have a competent backup. Purdy did not inspire confidence last year, and Haarberg is unproven. I don't know enough about Woche to know what he can do, but at the very least he is also unproven. Hopefully, Purdy, Haarberg and Woche will surprise me if they are needed.

Coach Ruhle does not think it's a bug concern

He said Purdy made a big jump forward the last few weeks of Spring ball

Keeping in mind Purdy was never 100% healthy last year

Anyway this thread is about Smothers

Wish him the very best

Coach Ruhle does not think it's a bug concern

He said Purdy made a big jump forward the last few weeks of Spring ball

Keeping in mind Purdy was never 100% healthy last year

Anyway this thread is about Smothers

Wish him the very best
Purdy also missed most of Spring Ball recovering from injury.. so one would infer that more time would have shown more improvement & mastery of new offense.

Last edited:

Hate to see him go! Hoped he would return. Wished he would have had better coaching and development. This is one area where previous staff really failed

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back