• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Local media so wrong about this yr-WHY?

That is the way it looks now. But is this the year a few successful coaches decide to try the pros — or retire? That is the worst case scenario— when good SEC or B1G teams need a new coach. Nebraska can’t compete with that.
It will be interesting to see if successful Big 12 coaches value their success in the Big 12 or membership in the B1G conference more.
Big 12 is trying to finish a new media deal before the end of the season. Probably to try to keep some coaches. Kansas can't really extend Leipold until it knows how much money it'll be getting from the conference. Same for Baylor et al.

My biggest concern going into this season was how are they going to mesh all of these new faces with the existing team. Even under the best of circumstances, that would have taken several games for everyone to gel. Unfortunately for Frost, his time had run out.

Why anyone has ever taken a journalist opinion on sports is beyond me. Yet somehow they are the decider of the heisman, Allstar teams, hall of fame…etc. today’s journalism is painful bad. They simply aren’t even qualified to do there own jobs

Put your tinfoil hat on…but I think the “local media” have a vested interest in helping sell tickets for the university….I mean we’ve been off-season champs the last 7 years, and the product on the field says otherwise.
Don't need a tinfoil hat to suggest that the media attempts to give people information that confirms what the people already think (or hope).

Either way, the best use for those early season predictions is as a fire starter in your fireplace in late November.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back