• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Local media so wrong about this yr-WHY?

When I go back and see what local Husker media wrote prior to season start, most predicted a 7-9 win team. Why exactly? I saw what we had returning and all the new transfers and thought 5-6 wins TOPS! We’re they just polyanna’s? I thought these media guys were supposed to know MORE about the team, and not base their predictions off of dreaming. It makes me obviously not trust a word they say about our sports teams. They look like idiots saying no one could have predicted the team being THIS bad. It should have been pretty clear though looking at who left from last year. It boggles my mind that people always seem to think the Huskers are going to be better than year before when all they have to do is be objective and look at the roster. This year, for instance, I don’t think we even have any players that would make Honorable Mention in B1G. It’s that bad of a team. Heck, I was even too optimistic thinking we’d win 5-6 games. After losing to Northwestern though, I didn’t have us winning more than 2 B1G games and that looks iffy now.
Why? Because they carry the water of the school administration.

With some of the off season alignment issues it’s becoming more and more clear there is going to become a higher echelon of teams/conferences. The only 2 guaranteed at this point is SEC and B1G. So essentially to be in the have conferences it’s huge getting into one of them. With all the previous turnover I’m not sure there will be a single opening other than Nebraska this year in the B1G. Same for SEC.

If you are a coach wanting to get into these conferences there might not be more than 2-3 spots available.
I also believe after the past 10+ years Nebraska is actually an eaiser gig for a head coach. Why? Because imo expectations have been lowered a lot compared to 15-20 years ago. We win 9 games and make a bowl game now most fans will be dancing in streets. For many years that was considered an off year and we'll do better next season. Just winning our division would be considered a big deal as opposed to actually winning the conference title. If a new coach believes he can win 8 or 9 games in a couple of years at Nebraska they'll take the job considering what it's going to pay. Will fans eventually want more? Of course but that's almost true at most big time P5 schools. The only real question for a top notch coach that knows he can win is can he recruit the players he needs to Lincoln?

It's going to be fun watching how it all plays out for our ADTA in the coming months.

Last edited:
This is really to the point. Which is why I’ve been upset that SF wasn’t let go last year. However, in saying that the positive side is two things. First even people hearing it last weren’t as adamant. They still needed to see staff changes and a Southern Georgia type of disaster to be 100% convinced.

Secondly. I think Trev is going to have a lot less competition this year for the better coaches. Last year was ugly.

Third positive of retaining SF: indicative of admin support. Sends a clear message to future prospective coaches.

Be
When I go back and see what local Husker media wrote prior to season start, most predicted a 7-9 win team. Why exactly? I saw what we had returning and all the new transfers and thought 5-6 wins TOPS! We’re they just polyanna’s? I thought these media guys were supposed to know MORE about the team, and not base their predictions off of dreaming. It makes me obviously not trust a word they say about our sports teams. They look like idiots saying no one could have predicted the team being THIS bad. It should have been pretty clear though looking at who left from last year. It boggles my mind that people always seem to think the Huskers are going to be better than year before when all they have to do is be objective and look at the roster. This year, for instance, I don’t think we even have any players that would make Honorable Mention in B1G. It’s that bad of a team. Heck, I was even too optimistic thinking we’d win 5-6 games. After losing to Northwestern though, I didn’t have us winning more than 2 B1G games and that looks iffy now.

Because they are liars.

Stuff that, Leiopold is 4-0 at Kansas, yes KANSAS.

A good coach and good staff make all the difference.

And yes, going back to last fall when I wanted HCSF fired Leiopold is.was my first coach, the man can make chicken salad without a lot of chicken, just what we need.

GBR

64974248.jpg

Last edited:
Stuff that, Leiopold is 4-0 at Kansas, yes KANSAS.

A good coach and good staff make all the difference.

And yes, going back to last fall when I wanted HCSF fired Leiopold is.was my first coach, the man can make chicken salad without a lot of chicken, just what we need.

GBR
Are we good with chicken salad while others are fining on steak and lobster?

I was listening to a podcast in which a former player told Frost when he was first hired that he needed to focus on OL to compete in B1G and Frost told him that with his offensive scheme, the OL didn't matter much...that his offense would work fine with an average OL. The former player shook his head and told him, 'you'll see'. That is the hubris and arrogance that led to the downfall of Nebraska under Frost. Whoever is the new HC better focus on BOTH lines. That is how big boy football is won. Frost should have known that from his days of watching Oregon getting manhandled by teams from B1G. But of course, he saw UCF beat Auburn too, so I think that led to his delusion. Didn't Frost see first hand as QB at Nebraska how the team won most of their games because their OL and DL were dominating? Sheesh.

Last edited:

I was listening to a podcast in which a former player told Frost when he was first hired that he needed to focus on OL to compete in B1G and Frost told him that with his offensive scheme, the OL didn't matter much...that his offense would work fine with an average OL. The former player shook his head and told him, 'you'll see'. That is the hubris and arrogance that led to the downfall of Nebraska under Frost. Whoever is the new HC better focus on BOTH lines. That is how big boy football is won. Frost should have known that from his days of watching Oregon getting manhandled by teams from B1G. But of course, he saw UCF beat Auburn too, so I think that led to his delusion. Didn't Frost see first hand as QB at Nebraska how the team won most of their games because their OL and DL were dominating? Sheesh.
Frost thought he could throw well enough to play in a Bill Walsh offense. Only when he found out he didn't possess the arm talent, he decided to come to Nebraska. Seems he has always a perception of reality that wasn't really there!

Wow, that's really nauseating. But thanks for sharing anyway!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back