• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

little Ferentz gonna get some

ehh... Iowa has plateaued. And they still can only beat us half the time. NU is on the rise and about the future.

Obviously there are no guarantees, but the wise money would be on NU if the bet was who will have more division/conference championships over the next 10 years.

Last edited:

While I dismiss Iowa as a rival, they are often a good team and they have too often gotten the better of us (sometimes in losing causes), even when we were more talented than they were. They have regularly out-coached us since we joined the BIG, and have generally had better OL's, and QB's. Still, there's no reason to hate them...for the most part they are just a bunch of country hicks. We have a lot of those too...good people.

Last edited:

The truth hurts.

Pretty much when we have gone head to head in recruiting over the last decade, we have generally won more than our share. We even took a coach from them (Kaz). They took several players we didn't offer from Nebraska; that wound up being very good players.

A few come to mind. Sterup was offered by Iowa first. Would Iowa have done better with him than we did at Nebraska? There have been more that they offered first while we slow played (and we won those, too).

Did we lay down on Fant? We certainly didn't seem to be recruiting him too hard and we definitely didn't seem to think he was tight end material.

It is time for our coaching staff to start developing players. I am convinced we have generally recruited better than most (but have had some issues), but our development of players has been abysmal.

Last edited:
Ok, but admit it. He's right. We haven't had much of an OL in years. Hopefully it will improve sooner than later. Iowa probably has sent more OL guys to the NFL that we have in recent years.

Did your read the whole article?

C

I think the reason he is mouthing off is because he is getting beat badly on the recruiting trail and he is getting really frustrated. I am very encouraged by that.

nail on the the head. iowa sucks at recruiting. we are killing it recruiting. Unfortunately for him he comes across sounding like a huge baby

Pretty sure someone who actually thinks they're superior doesn't resort to such passive-aggressive tactics.

Also, he is not referring specifically to O-Line in his comments. I took him as referring to NFL draft picks, of which NU has just as many as Iowa over the past two years.

The quote in question is this one (from the podcast) “We recruit against a couple of schools that talk about a ‘pipeline,'” he said. “I’m thinking of one a little bit west of Omaha that talks about their pipeline, and I think they’ve had two guys drafted in two years. So I’m not sure how much of the pipeline the coaches have contributed to.”

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back