• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Keyshawn Jr to announce Wednesday, March 23rd!; Looks like 10 AM CDT announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

This may have been posted before, if so, it's still good stuff. I think it speaks to the essence of what draws a kid to a school he didn't initially know much about as well as to the essence of how a staff wants their recruits to think about where they are going to commit to and attend.

“The recruiting process started my freshman year when I got my first offer from Florida State,” Johnson Jr. said. “That was kind of the turning point in my recruiting process. To think back to my freshman year, I would never have thought I would go to Nebraska.

“Just the fact that I never knew anything about it and that I’ve always been a USC type of guy because it’s always been in my family. I never thought to myself, ‘OK, I’m going to be a Cornhusker when I grow up.’ I always thought I was going to be a Trojan.

Then I got down there for a visit and everything changed. My whole perception of college football and my whole perception of Nebraska changed for me.

The atmosphere was great, the people are amazing, the coaching staff, just all the people around Nebraska make you feel like you’re at home. I’m happy where I’m at right now, which is home.”

https://nebraska.n.rivals.com/news/johnson-jr-creates-his-own-path-with-commitment-to-nebraska

Last edited:

Great news! Congrats to MR and KW on an awesome job. But, it really started with KJS, so, many thanks to the big guy! Good time to be a Husker.

Maybe this is what we should be thinking when we think of Nebraska and it's place in America and FOOTBALL. Let's just have a little faith in Nebraska and HCMR!!!! Smile people, Nebraska just got a whole lot better today.....[video=youtube;8UkKTlzyLhQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UkKTlzyLhQ&list=RDEMixh8DuQZHIOcetdZ1umFHQ[/video]

Last edited:
I'm going to go out on a limb & predict a B1G Championship & a possible Nat'l Championship during KJJ years here @ DONU!!!!!!!

I'm going to go out on a limb & predict a B1G Championship & a possible Nat'l Championship during KJJ years here @ DONU!!!!!!!

Well, we still need some defense - let's hope some defensive studs take note of the offensive weaponry being stock piled and get N to help feed these beasts!

Johnson Jr. believes there's a very good chance for several other top Cali football players to follow his lead all the way to Lincoln, Nebraska.

“They are starting to kind of realize where Nebraska is going, kind of how I realize where Nebraska is going," Johnson Jr. stated. "When you’re from California you don’t really think about, ‘Yeah, I’m going to go to Nebraska.’

“So I’ve kind of been in their ear telling them that these people are the best damn fans in America. Coach Riley is going to teach you how to do everything right, Coach Langsdorf knows what he’s talking about, Coach Williams is the best receivers coach in the nation, Coach Stew (Brian Stewart) is an elite DB coach. I’ve just been telling them all of those things and they kind of trust my word on it and they’re paying attention.

Anyone want some more Big Red Kool-aid! :koolaid:

Johnson Jr. believes there's a very good chance for several other top Cali football players to follow his lead all the way to Lincoln, Nebraska.

“They are starting to kind of realize where Nebraska is going, kind of how I realize where Nebraska is going," Johnson Jr. stated. "When you’re from California you don’t really think about, ‘Yeah, I’m going to go to Nebraska.’

“So I’ve kind of been in their ear telling them that these people are the best damn fans in America. Coach Riley is going to teach you how to do everything right, Coach Langsdorf knows what he’s talking about, Coach Williams is the best receivers coach in the nation, Coach Stew (Brian Stewart) is an elite DB coach. I’ve just been telling them all of those things and they kind of trust my word on it and they’re paying attention.

Anyone want some more Big Red Kool-aid! :koolaid:

Pour me a glass!

Well, we still need some defense - let's hope some defensive studs take note of the offensive weaponry being stock piled and get N to help feed these beasts!

5* DT Tyler Shelvin says he is going to visit NU during his spring break:

Currently committed to LSU but had this to say.... “I'm looking for a better school academic-wise,” Shelvin explained. “I want to major in business. Mostly academics and academic support are what's important to me.”

-I'd say having the most academic all-americans All-time will get his attention.

“Yes sir, I like the school and I like their academics [at Nebraska],” Shelvin said. “In talking to Coach (John) Parrella, he is nice, so I plan to get up there sometime during my spring break.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Young <a href="https://twitter.com/keyshawnnnn">@keyshawnnnn</a> will not only be 1 of the greatest WR's, but the man will be the fan favorite. Bank on it. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GBR?src=hash">#GBR</a> and congrats brother✊</p>&mdash; Kenny Bell (@AFRO_THUNDER80) <a href="https://twitter.com/AFRO_THUNDER80/status/712722386802446337">March 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Always kept this thread/conversation in the back of my mind: http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/sho...p-2017-talent-this-weekend-here-s-the-latest/

Haven't heard much from Warchild lately...he was supposed to eat some crow. He would probably rely on his Colbert prediction, although Iowa is not in the SEC (where he "heard" Colbert wanted to play). Guess his hounding of Lowell Narcisse for info wasn't as accurate as he thought.

KJ Jr. and Colbert aren't coming to Nebraska. You can forget about that.

Let me repeat: They are not coming to Nebraska. Players of that quality want as much notoriety and publicity as they can get, and the Nebraska brand isn't going to provide it. It's as simple as that. You can try to convince yourself otherwise, but you won't convince me. If I'm wrong, I'll gladly return and eat my words... but I'm 99.9% sure I won't have to do that.

I'm curious to see where exactly you've read that we're "favorite" for KJ JR, because I certainly haven't found it. Just because a guy visits doesn't mean he's coming here. He's been to many schools... you really think someone of his stature is coming here? LOL. As far as Colbert everything I've "read and heard" is that he wants to play in the SEC. I base my beliefs on past history; after all, if we don't learn from the past, we are prone to make the same mistakes. Also don't forget that one of the top recruits in the country is one of my ex-students and interacts with many of these guys and lets me know what they're saying. Let's wait until NSD and then we'll revisit this thread. I'm sure there will be plenty of excuses by then, and of of your little puppydog-like followers will be here to support you and lick your wounds. So go ahead, "show everyone what I'm doing." While you're at it, why don't you also show them your claims against me (such as my supposed predictions of doom and gloom following the BYU loss) and your lack of evidence to support it.

Yeah, that's what I thought. :rolleyes:

My "link" is the #1-rated dual-threat QB for 2017 (and current Auburn commit), who talks to many of the other nation's top recruits and fills me in with where they might be going.

As stated prior, we'll revisit this thread on NSD and see who's right.

Just a couple things. First, there is no history with Mike Riley at Nebraska, so there is no precedent set for what caliber of kids he can and will bring to Lincoln. From everything I have seen and read/heard from all four recruiting services, Riley is doing a better job or recruiting than Pelini did. There is a precedent set with Nebraska having actually recruited elite guys to Lincoln in the past. Marlon Lucky, Aaron Green, Rex Burkhead, Terrell Newby, Adam Taylor were five and four star recruits that were considered the best RB's in California and Texas and chose Nebraska. That's just a quick handful, I mean, Nebraska signs several four-star kids every class dating back to every coach who has been here since Osborne.

As for Keyshawn Johnson Jr., you're right, he has visited a lot of places but he has visited Nebraska the most and has stated his affinity for the program. Dating back to when Keyshawn Sr.'s Team 19 visited last March, along with Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, etc. they (not just KJ jr) named Nebraska has their favorite visit. It's no sure thing that he will choose Nebraska, no doubt, but there is better than a .1% chance like you say. He plans to visit at least twice this season after already coming to Lincoln two or three times during the spring and summer. I think USC, Alabama and Ohio State are going to be the biggest competition, but looking at 247Sports' crystal ball predictions, RR and I aren't the only ones who think Nebraska has a legit chance at his commitment.

And lastly, as an outsider looking in, you seem very angry and cynical about the Nebraska program, for a fan. Is your doubt and trepidation about Mike Riley as coach? Just asking because I haven't really interacted much with you to know. Honestly not trying to agitate you, just wondering why you spit such venom towards Riley and your favorite team. Were you a Bo fan, didn't like the Riley hire, both, neither? Just wondering. "you really think someone of his stature is coming here? LOL", Really? Is it because of Riley? If not, what are your reasons for rooting for Nebraska, because the way you come off, Nebraska can't recruit top players so why even bother rooting for a team that won't ever be competitive?

He’s visited Nebraska on his own dime 3 times already (more than any other school), and he’s publicly tweeted out high remarks about Nebraska on multiple occasions. He plans on visiting Lincoln for at least two games this fall and has not publicly stated plans to do so with any other school. His father absolutely loves Mike Riley and has stated several times that he was responsible for a lot of his development as a player. His father was integral in his teammate and close friend, Marquel Dismuke, choosing to attend Nebraska. He is close friends with QB Tristan Gebbia, who also is taking a hard look at Nebraska (his first two crystal ball predictions went towards Nebraska soon after they offered) and there have been reports that they want to attend the same school. Other close friends and teammates like 2018 recruit Brian Hightower and 2017 CB Darnay Holmes have also visited Nebraska and really enjoyed their time - also plan on future visits. Nebraska has made recent cuts to be a part of Holmes and KJ Jr.'s short list of schools. Keyshawn Johnson Jr. has not come out and named anyone as his "leader", but if you look at all the signs in his recruitment, it isn't hard to come to a conclusion that Nebraska is very much in the thick of it for him. Nebraska won't get every four and five star kid they go after, but does that mean they shouldn't try? The Huskers offer 250+ kids a year to try and get 25 to say yes. There will be a lot of misses. I don't understand a defeatist attitude when it comes to recruiting. When 9 out of 10 kids go elsewhere, I also don't understand pointing out when kids say no and go elsewhere. Seems a cheap way to slam your favorite team.

:wave: :rolfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back