• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked The #Huskers set to host a lot of top 2017 talent this weekend, here's the latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how you try to twist things to fit your agenda. I don't "twist" him for anything. He tells me what he wants to tell me.

Nice try, though.

And then you broadcast it to the world.

Do you see any potential problems for your young friend by using his name on the internet relaying information that was told to him private by third persons?

Post removed By RED REIGN for inappropriate discussion of a recruit. Potential NCAA violation.

If that is true, how can you justify exploiting a minor to get attention or win an e-argument on the internet? If a coach was pumping my high school child for information and then publishing that information on the internet with my child's name associated to it, I would lose my mind and be having a sit down with the AD immediately.

What WARCHILD posted is inappropriate and he has been told several times in the past not to do this. I have removed it for that reason.

Last edited:
Exploiting a young man who is a recruit (if indeed you are even telling the truth) is not a credible source and is a potential NCAA volition that you have been told not to do on this board.

I love how you try to twist things to fit your agenda. I don't "twist" him for anything. He tells me what he wants to tell me.

And at least I was able to back my claims with a credible source, unlike the the other so-called recruiting "experts" on this board who never provided any proof/evidence to back their claims.

Nice try, though. I stand by my predictions.

I'm curious to see where exactly you've read that we're "favorite" for KJ JR, because I certainly haven't found it. Just because a guy visits doesn't mean he's coming here. He's been to many schools... you really think someone of his stature is coming here? LOL. As far as Colbert everything I've "read and heard" is that he wants to play in the SEC. I base my beliefs on past history; after all, if we don't learn from the past, we are prone to make the same mistakes. Also don't forget that one of the top recruits in the country is one of my ex-students and interacts with many of these guys and lets me know what they're saying. Let's wait until NSD and then we'll revisit this thread. I'm sure there will be plenty of excuses by then, and of of your little puppydog-like followers will be here to support you and lick your wounds. So go ahead, "show everyone what I'm doing." While you're at it, why don't you also show them your claims against me (such as my supposed predictions of doom and gloom following the BYU loss) and your lack of evidence to support it.

Yeah, that's what I thought. :rolleyes:

Just a couple things. First, there is no history with Mike Riley at Nebraska, so there is no precedent set for what caliber of kids he can and will bring to Lincoln. From everything I have seen and read/heard from all four recruiting services, Riley is doing a better job or recruiting than Pelini did. There is a precedent set with Nebraska having actually recruited elite guys to Lincoln in the past. Marlon Lucky, Aaron Green, Rex Burkhead, Terrell Newby, Adam Taylor were five and four star recruits that were considered the best RB's in California and Texas and chose Nebraska. That's just a quick handful, I mean, Nebraska signs several four-star kids every class dating back to every coach who has been here since Osborne.

As for Keyshawn Johnson Jr., you're right, he has visited a lot of places but he has visited Nebraska the most and has stated his affinity for the program. Dating back to when Keyshawn Sr.'s Team 19 visited last March, along with Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, etc. they (not just KJ jr) named Nebraska has their favorite visit. It's no sure thing that he will choose Nebraska, no doubt, but there is better than a .1% chance like you say. He plans to visit at least twice this season after already coming to Lincoln two or three times during the spring and summer. I think USC, Alabama and Ohio State are going to be the biggest competition, but looking at 247Sports' crystal ball predictions, RR and I aren't the only ones who think Nebraska has a legit chance at his commitment.

And lastly, as an outsider looking in, you seem very angry and cynical about the Nebraska program, for a fan. Is your doubt and trepidation about Mike Riley as coach? Just asking because I haven't really interacted much with you to know. Honestly not trying to agitate you, just wondering why you spit such venom towards Riley and your favorite team. Were you a Bo fan, didn't like the Riley hire, both, neither? Just wondering. "you really think someone of his stature is coming here? LOL", Really? Is it because of Riley? If not, what are your reasons for rooting for Nebraska, because the way you come off, Nebraska can't recruit top players so why even bother rooting for a team that won't ever be competitive?

I have been a Husker fan for all my life, my grandfather couldn't stand to listen to the games on the radio as he feared a heart attack and my dad would state that I hope he breaks his gaul damn leg when ever an opposing player would make a play. with that said I am pleasantly optimistic about Riley and his staff. In my humble opinion they have volumes more experience than Bo's staff, approach recruiting with a yes we can attitude, quickly turned the players attitude about change around, are very straight forward with the media public and anyone who has an interest. they never put a negative twist on anything. They have all the ingredients to be the best and remember they are working with kids who are just out of high school. take a deep breath and Go Big Red.

Sorry, I'm not reading anymore of your nonsensical gibberish. I've stated my source... what's yours? Where is the LINK to where I can read that KJ JR has us as his favorite, as RR claims? I'll wait.

He’s visited Nebraska on his own dime 3 times already (more than any other school), and he’s publicly tweeted out high remarks about Nebraska on multiple occasions. He plans on visiting Lincoln for at least two games this fall and has not publicly stated plans to do so with any other school. His father absolutely loves Mike Riley and has stated several times that he was responsible for a lot of his development as a player. His father was integral in his teammate and close friend, Marquel Dismuke, choosing to attend Nebraska. He is close friends with QB Tristan Gebbia, who also is taking a hard look at Nebraska (his first two crystal ball predictions went towards Nebraska soon after they offered) and there have been reports that they want to attend the same school. Other close friends and teammates like 2018 recruit Brian Hightower and 2017 CB Darnay Holmes have also visited Nebraska and really enjoyed their time - also plan on future visits. Nebraska has made recent cuts to be a part of Holmes and KJ Jr.'s short list of schools. Keyshawn Johnson Jr. has not come out and named anyone as his "leader", but if you look at all the signs in his recruitment, it isn't hard to come to a conclusion that Nebraska is very much in the thick of it for him. Nebraska won't get every four and five star kid they go after, but does that mean they shouldn't try? The Huskers offer 250+ kids a year to try and get 25 to say yes. There will be a lot of misses. I don't understand a defeatist attitude when it comes to recruiting. When 9 out of 10 kids go elsewhere, I also don't understand pointing out when kids say no and go elsewhere. Seems a cheap way to slam your favorite team.

N2FL, I fear your posts are far too rational for some on this board...but I enjoy them. Thanks for injecting some logic to an otherwise meaningless set of posts. And thanks to RR for cutting off the NCAA violating, self inflating rants of a CHILD.

And at least I was able to back my claims with a credible source, unlike the the other so-called recruiting "experts" on this board who never provided any proof/evidence to back their claims.

Nice try, though. I stand by my predictions.

Do you even know what "credible source" means? You're expecting us to believe, with no way of verifying, that a 17 year old kid is the hub of recruiting knowledge for every 3,4,and 5 star athlete out there and that he's telling you this information without being pumped for it? I laughed just typing that out it's so ridiculous. It's not credible if it can't be verified.

Is a personal attack and repeated NCAA recruiting violations good enough for permanent vacation from the recruiting forum?

ProTip #3: Don't be a d-bag knowitall recruiting violator.

Example Post: Relays info in non-offensive/no-violation manner.

Hey, I have a friend (high **** QB recruit) who gets to talk via twitter and such to these high profile recruits. From the sounds of things to him, he would be surprised if they ended up at Nebraska. It is my personal feeling that players of that quality want as much notoriety and publicity as they can get, and the Nebraska brand isn't going to provide it. Hope HCMR can reel these big fish in, but will surprise me if it happens.

(Think it is good info and a very valid opinion. Seems like many posters, from the sunshine pumpers to the Debbie Downers, have trouble with relaying opinions in non-offense ways.)

#DeliveryMatters

Is a personal attack and repeated NCAA recruiting violations good enough for permanent vacation from the recruiting forum?

So let it be written...so let it be done.
attachment.php

Attachments

• ramses.jpg
    ramses.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 102

He’s visited Nebraska on his own dime 3 times already (more than any other school), and he’s publicly tweeted out high remarks about Nebraska on multiple occasions. He plans on visiting Lincoln for at least two games this fall and has not publicly stated plans to do so with any other school. His father absolutely loves Mike Riley and has stated several times that he was responsible for a lot of his development as a player. His father was integral in his teammate and close friend, Marquel Dismuke, choosing to attend Nebraska. He is close friends with QB Tristan Gebbia, who also is taking a hard look at Nebraska (his first two crystal ball predictions went towards Nebraska soon after they offered) and there have been reports that they want to attend the same school. Other close friends and teammates like 2018 recruit Brian Hightower and 2017 CB Darnay Holmes have also visited Nebraska and really enjoyed their time - also plan on future visits. Nebraska has made recent cuts to be a part of Holmes and KJ Jr.'s short list of schools. Keyshawn Johnson Jr. has not come out and named anyone as his "leader", but if you look at all the signs in his recruitment, it isn't hard to come to a conclusion that Nebraska is very much in the thick of it for him. Nebraska won't get every four and five star kid they go after, but does that mean they shouldn't try? The Huskers offer 250+ kids a year to try and get 25 to say yes. There will be a lot of misses. I don't understand a defeatist attitude when it comes to recruiting. When 9 out of 10 kids go elsewhere, I also don't understand pointing out when kids say no and go elsewhere. Seems a cheap way to slam your favorite team.

Could you please explain this comment? NU has cut players so they can be a PART of the recruitment for KJ Jr and his cohorts?? That hardly seems wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back