• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kaden Helms just burned out on NE and wants out of the state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Since this thread is about Kaden Helms and he has stated this was not the reason he is not considering NU, I am taking him at his word.
I will also take Helms at his word that the deep depth chart at his position has nothing to do with it either.
Agreed, but as said above, anywheres but iowa

Lol. I see what you did there. Let's just say I expect stories to come out in a couple of years about this particular time in Omaha/North Stadium relations that shines a little light on all of this. For the record, I don't think it's all the staff's fault, but winning cures all. It's the chicken soup for Huskers souls.
Agree about the winning...I could have a few bowls of that soup.

Not a college kid anymore and I took all of zero campus visits. Literally the only kid who took campus tour on registration day.

I would move back to Iowa City in a heartbeat and can easily understand the appeal, aside from wearing a dirt chicken uniform.

LSU is a dumpster fire? The team that won the Natty last year? lol. Ok. Tennessee is in Year 1 of a new coach. Norvell is heading into Year 2 at Florida State.

Yes, an investigation into whether the current coach covered up sexual assault is a dumpster fire. An investigation that has already led to the firing or resignation of a former coach and chancellor. Coach O is in trouble.
Tennessee is more than likely facing major sanctions from the NCAA because of Pruitt. So bowl bans and scholarship redcutiions are likely.
I like Norvell a lot, but he almost had a mutiny on his hands his first year and there are already questions about how long he'll be in Tallahassee.
But besides that, your comments are spot on.

Playing for a coach who is 12-20 isn't for everyone
Although the 12-20 is completely accurate, maybe we can take him at his word in this instance. As a lifelong Omaha native I can get burned out on Nebraska as well. The biggest reason I don't leave is because of my job, my grandkids, my friends and most people are nice and friendly. It's not because of low taxes or the weather. I realize a HS kid isn't thinking this way. Even though Frost has significantly under performed, the Nebraska football that a lot of us over the age of 30 know is no longer the same. Kids aren't growing up dreaming of playing for the Huskers because we're not winning. I know Captain Obvious. Having said that, N2FL that was a little bit of a low blow.

Last edited:

Yes, an investigation into whether the current coach covered up sexual assault is a dumpster fire. An investigation that has already led to the firing or resignation of a former coach and chancellor. Coach O is in trouble.
Tennessee is more than likely facing major sanctions from the NCAA because of Pruitt. So bowl bans and scholarship redcutiions are likely.
I like Norvell a lot, but he almost had a mutiny on his hands his first year and there are already questions about how long he'll be in Tallahassee.
But besides that, your comments are spot on.
Yes, I am seeing LSU & Tennessee’s situation through the same lens. I hate to project this, especially to my youngest son, but UT may be staring down the barrel of ‘worst season ever.’

He also stated in an interview that the TE depth chart was a factor. But that gets ignored for some reason.
No, I'm sure it was part of it. Iowa has some pretty good young TE's as well including their stud from last year. Anyway, I'm not too terribly considered about Helms in particular because I think Beckton has done a great job of managing his room.

Playing for a coach who is 12-20 isn't for everyone
Playing for fans that are always complaining about the record and coach might have something to do with kids getting burned out of all the negativity as well.

No, I'm sure it was part of it. Iowa has some pretty good young TE's as well including their stud from last year. Anyway, I'm not too terribly considered about Helms in particular because I think Beckton has done a great job of managing his room.

Now is the time to use the people in that room. They did a better job last with Allen, but I hope they unleash the kraken on teams with Allen and Fidone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back