• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kaden Helms just burned out on NE and wants out of the state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly could be. But there also could be much more to it that is out of this staff's ability to control through wins.

I think unequivocally stating a kid isn't listing Nebraska in their top ten, choosing to stay in Nebraska regardless of personal wants, roster considerations, etc. isn't necessarily accurate. It seems to be a popular position to take right now, but I don't know that that makes it any more accurate.
It isn't necessarily inaccurate though. Kaden wants so badly for a new experience that he has Ames and Iowa City on his list.

I was excited about Laramie after growing up around Denver.

Sometimes a kid wants something different. Sometimes it has nothing to do with anything but wanting something different.
But would you have been excited for Terrytown if you grew up in Laramie? I think Omaha to Aimes is more like that.

I was excited about Laramie after growing up around Denver.

Sometimes a kid wants something different. Sometimes it has nothing to do with anything but wanting something different.

He said what he said and why he is leaving and that's good enough for me.

Yeah I went from the desert to San Diego....boy was that different and the best decision I ever made. Even though I had 3 or 4 choices within a short drive from home.

Like him I wanted something different and it was an amazing experience.

Best of luck to him

Time to move on

But would you have been excited for Terrytown if you grew up in Laramie? I think Omaha to Aimes is more like that.

I don't know.

Seems like people are awful ate up trying to find a way to disprove what the kid himself is saying.

'I want out'. says the kid.

'No you don't. 12-20. Didn't love you enough.' says not the kid.

I guess I don't get it.

All college kids gravitated toward Terrytown thanks to Country Kitchen, Taco John's, and Dunkin' Donuts. That is based on personal experience.

With that said, Ames is no Terrytown...not even close.

I don't know.

Seems like people are awful ate up trying to find a way to disprove what the kid himself is saying.

'I want out'. says the kid.

'No you don't. 12-20. Didn't love you enough.' says not the kid.

I guess I don't get it.
Because I wouldn't expect to see Aimes and Iowa City in a top 10 list for a kid that wanted out. I don't expect the kid to put this staff on blast either.

Because I wouldn't expect to see Aimes and Iowa City in a top 10 list for a kid that wanted out. I don't expect the kid to put this staff on blast either.

Sometimes it doesn't matter other than 'Anywhere but here'. I get it.

As for the rest, I guess I'm old.

I don't know what 'put this staff on blast' means.

Sometimes it doesn't matter other than 'Anywhere but here'. I get it.

As for the rest, I guess I'm old.

I don't know what 'put this staff on blast' means.
I don't think a kid who still lives in Nebraska would want to say unflattering things about the flagship university.

I didn't forget it...I didn't see it as the main attraction, but that's what makes us all different and why a kid like Helms could put places on his list to get out that others wouldn't.
Lol. I see what you did there. Let's just say I expect stories to come out in a couple of years about this particular time in Omaha/North Stadium relations that shines a little light on all of this. For the record, I don't think it's all the staff's fault, but winning cures all. It's the chicken soup for Huskers souls.

Last edited:
I am not sure about the freak out. Kids also look up at the depth chart and want playing time. We signed three tight ends the last recruiting cycle. I think all three have a chance to be very good. If the Huskers turn things around we might be able to circle back and grab the #1 or #2 ranked recruit in the State. We are more than good at TE. I am sure Oklahoma fans freaked a little when we pulled one the top players in Sevion Morrison from their back yard. This is a new era, the world is smaller, and kids want to see more of it.

I believe last year, LSU set the ncaa record as the only team to ever follow a natty without a winning season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back