• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JoJo Domann Podcast Interview

I'm 99% certain I'm right with Rhule the human being. How that translates to coaching success for Nebraska is another thing. But I certainly believe Rhule's character traits are much more conducive to success than Frost's.
I do think we will see success against the FHCSF benchmark but will Rhule be able to get us back to a consistent 10/11 win season? Much will depend on recruiting.

I do think we will see success against the FHCSF benchmark but will Rhule be able to get us back to a consistent 10/11 win season? Much will depend on recruiting.

I actually don't expect consistent 10-11 win seasons as a requirement to make me a happy fan. There's very, very few coaches capable of that. Many Nebraska fans -- like you and I -- grew up with that as the norm, so it probably unfairly became our benchmark.

I would like consistent seasons with at least 8 wins. And the occasional 10-11+ win seasons (like 3-4 seasons per decade). I'm perfectly fine if we never win another national title. I just miss winning seasons, bowl games, and a coach I respect and admire as a person and a leader.

I actually don't expect consistent 10-11 win seasons as a requirement to make me a happy fan. There's very, very few coaches capable of that. Many Nebraska fans -- like you and I -- grew up with that as the norm, so it probably unfairly became our benchmark.

I would like consistent seasons with at least 8 wins. And the occasional 10-11+ win seasons (like 3-4 seasons per decade). I'm perfectly fine if we never win another national title. I just miss winning seasons, bowl games, and a coach I respect and admire as a person and a leader.
This is pretty much where I'm at, too. 10 to 11 wins--especially given where we've been for a long time--would be gravy, but I can't hold that as the standard especially given the talent in the B1G and who's being added. I want consistent bowl trips and getting to 8-9 wins again . . . will worry about the rest later. If Rhule can deliver that, he's been a success.

First things first, though. Get 6 wins and a bowl this year to kick things off.

Rhule is nothing like Frost, but that doesn't guarantee success, either. We NEED Rhule to turn this thing around so badly, but if for some reason he doesn't, it will be because he found his own way to fail. All HC "failures" since TO have been unique and different. SF is just the latest of that group and most disappointing.
Kind of like what some Ruski writer said, "each unhappy family is unhappy in it's own way".

Last edited:

At this point, I agree to getting above .500 for the season. But in future years, I would like to see becoming relevant again (9 to 11 wins consistently). Make the play-offs 7 to 9 times a decade (even if it is only the 12th place). And if we go down in the play-offs, we go down fighting, letting the opposing team know this was the toughest game they will play in the post season.

And if we never win another National Championship, I don't want a Nebraska fan to ever say " We can't win the big one". Memories of the last 20 seasons should stop any of our generations from uttering such phrases.

Learning things like this really depresses me. I had so much hope for Scott Frost. I remember being gleeful for weeks after he was hired. Now I'm just a cynical fan who hopes that we won't get fooled again (to quote The Who). No one thinks Rhule is anything like Frost but no one thought Frost was anything like what he turned out to be either.
This post describes exactly how I feel and probably a lot others. When I see fans saying “I trust that Trev knows what he’s doing” or “Rhule has them on the right track and is changing the culture” I for sure feel cynical. I’ve heard the same thing for the last 4 coaches (less with Riley). Truth is we don’t know and all that is hope and opinion. I like Rhule by the way. I’m very disappointed in the results under Frost and annoyed he got away with these things for 5 years and millions of dollars. Here’s to hoping the AD and coaches turn this around.

When SF was hired, my bro-in-law was the ONLY person I knew who was against the hire and said he wasn't ready. He told me he needed a least a few years at a P5 program before he was ready to take over at NU. I said on more than one occasion just how nuts he was for that statement, as we all were fawning over SF in the early months and and years. While he has not rubbed it in my face, I have since told him several times just how right he was and how wrong the rest of us were...still SMH...

When SF was hired, my bro-in-law was the ONLY person I knew who was against the hire and said he wasn't ready. He told me he needed a least a few years at a P5 program before he was ready to take over at NU. I said on more than one occasion just how nuts he was for that statement, as we all were fawning over SF in the early months and and years. While he has not rubbed it in my face, I have since told him several times just how right he was and how wrong the rest of us were...still SMH...
I was in the camp of not wanting SF. I had heard to many stories about him from teammates. Zebras don’t change their stripes. The issue is that unless there is a documented news source, it can’t be posted here as they are only “rumors”. I like the policy as there are too many untrue rumors and I want to treat people with respect. But their is a lot of “rumors “ that are true. Very hard too moderate.

This is basically where I am at. I just want to see Nebraska consistently winning 8-9 games a year. The 10+seasons will come and be mixed into it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back