• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JoJo Domann Podcast Interview

You know me…..far from being a koolaid guy. But I’m not sold on Minnesota this year……yet. Yes they should be favored but they have lost a lot of firepower in Morgan and ingrim. They refer to their freshman qb who took over for Morgan as a returning starter but completing 54% and 4 interceptions to 3 TDs doesn’t convince me yet.
I'm not sure what his stats were, but he lit up the Huskers a bit. However, that doesn't mean he is any good. I'm just hoping we get to the point this year that our D will quit making the Kaliakmanis' of the world look like Heisman candidates. That has gone on for far too long under multiple coaching staffs.

I'm late to the party so maybe this was already said, but I'm convinced we needed Frost to happen so we could bury the past and move forward. I feel like for the first time in awhile our collective expectations are in sync with reality. We've accepted the fact that we are a development program and we hired a coach who excels at that. This is a marathon not a sprint and I think we're mostly on board with that.

As far as Frost goes, there is too much smoke to believe it's all rumor, but at this point who cares? He's a man with a family that I hope figures out whatever he needs to figure out. There are real people involved and for the sake of that family I send nothing but love and prayers for healing and growth.
I'd trade spots with SF in a heartbeat. Most of Husker nation already hates my guts and I didn't make 40 mil

Frost took the money and ran. He will not be welcome back. Everybody is setting the standard a little low all of a sudden. We should be were Bo left us off in short order. At least getting a shot at ohio, penn, or Michigan every other year for a conference championship. Which will lead us into the playoff given the new format and better recruiting as we win. We still hold value as a program, because of the fans and our support, emotionally and finically. The recruiting has not been bad.

" I would go for some public blow ups and nine win seasons right now. Now that the Solich curse has been lifted I hope Bo didn't leave us one" lol. Seems to me this staff is more like Bo's than I thought. Heck Ruhle even called out Sipple publicly about Mcguire comments. He will obviously represent himself and the university publicly during games better. I hope the x's and o's pan out. I'm optimistic.

Although when we hired Frost, he only had two years of head coaching experience. And when you win 13 games in year two, you're unlikely to face criticism of any type -- and certainly no reason to make anything negatively questionable public.

Rhule has 7 years of college head coaching experience (plus 3 in the NFL). And he is very transparent. We read or see clips of Rhule building relationships all the time. That's his strength. Current players, former players, coaching staff, high school coaches, media -- he makes all feel welcome. Open door, here's my personal phone #, you're family.

I don't have the exact quote on me, but Rhule said right off the bat this is his team and has publicly stated he has nothing negative to say about the previous staff. With Frost, we heard time and time again years into his tenure his blame of the previous staff for the culture issues. And I frequently criticized Frost for that. Take ownership and stop pointing fingers. I'm always suspicious of someone who frequently blames others for their own failures. But somehow, the blame game worked for many Nebraska fans for years -- and it shouldn't ever.

I highly doubt we are being fooled with Rhule as a person. He's a genuine good man. Whether that translates into winning in Lincoln is TBD -- but I'd be shocked if five years from now we are reading about his poor choices, screwed priorities, and lack of communication skills that we've heard associated with Frost. Could not be two different people than Scott Frost and Matt Rhule.
There were yellow, if not red, flags regarding Frost's hire, his inexperience as a head coach at the top of the list. Most of us chose to ignore them, mostly because "he was one of us." I'm happy with Rhule so far but among a few yellow flags for me is the inexperience of some of his staff. Coaching his coaches is likely going to take at least the entire first season. Unfortunately, I think this means another losing season in 2023.

resize.jpg

I actually don't expect consistent 10-11 win seasons as a requirement to make me a happy fan. There's very, very few coaches capable of that. Many Nebraska fans -- like you and I -- grew up with that as the norm, so it probably unfairly became our benchmark.

I would like consistent seasons with at least 8 wins. And the occasional 10-11+ win seasons (like 3-4 seasons per decade). I'm perfectly fine if we never win another national title. I just miss winning seasons, bowl games, and a coach I respect and admire as a person and a leader.
I think the best we can hope for is to be on par with Penn State: really good but not quite good enough.

When SF was hired, my bro-in-law was the ONLY person I knew who was against the hire and said he wasn't ready. He told me he needed a least a few years at a P5 program before he was ready to take over at NU. I said on more than one occasion just how nuts he was for that statement, as we all were fawning over SF in the early months and and years. While he has not rubbed it in my face, I have since told him several times just how right he was and how wrong the rest of us were...still SMH...
Is your BIL a die-hard Husker fan or someone with an objective point of view?

There were yellow, if not red, flags regarding Frost's hire, his inexperience as a head coach at the top of the list. Most of us chose to ignore them, mostly because "he was one of us." I'm happy with Rhule so far but among a few yellow flags for me is the inexperience of some of his staff. Coaching his coaches is likely going to take at least the entire first season. Unfortunately, I think this means another losing season in 2023.

View attachment 96769

I think he has a nice balance of age and youth. I get it, you think 24 is too young to coach at a P5 school. Age and experience has nothing to do with how much talent drive and ambition a coach may have. I'll just leave this here, Lincoln Riley was 24 when he was hired by Mike Leach to be the WR coach at Texas Tech in 2007.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back