• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jeff Sims

Of course it could be fixable. Nobody is arguing that. We all want it to get better. I’m just arguing the over abundance of koolaid saying progression has been made. I’m not even arguing you said you are happy with his passing. I’m arguing proof of progression.
Then why are you arguing it? Its what I said, pointed out context.
You keep going back to whats already known ,whats already been said

I have no idea what Rhule might do. By the way you didn’t miss anything pre-opening Saturday morning. Rozier, Irving and Tony Davis made it in Friday night but not Saturday morning. I did see Mike at our tailgate later though.
Way overcooked my goose Friday.

Yes he has completed about the same percentage of passes each game. However this time he couldn’t even find passing lanes on about 20 percent of the passes. Having the ball tipped at the line of scrimmage is still a bad pass. My question is have you actually watched the games? Everything you base your improvements on you are claiming includes “if he completes 4 more passes”. Well he didn’t.
FYI. I just saw the PFF grade and HH had his highest grade so far this year yesterday. This does not make him all big 10 by any stretch but it does support the improving argument

FYI. I just saw the PFF grade and HH had his highest grade so far this year yesterday. This does not make him all big 10 by any stretch but it does support the improving argument
Many have complained about Satt's play calling as too many passes and not enough running. But then also complain that our runs were unimaginative "mshrug:
Nebraska had to try something and looking at stats HH did improve against the best D he will see all year by throwing short intermediate passes. hopefully we continue to see the offense grow and everyone gets on the same page this week and for the rest of the season

Many have complained about Satt's play calling as too many passes and not enough running. But then also complain that our runs were unimaginative "mshrug:
Nebraska had to try something and looking at stats HH did improve against the best D he will see all year by throwing short intermediate passes. hopefully we continue to see the offense grow and everyone gets on the same page this week and for the rest of the season
Everybody steps up, and HH learns a few things to help his game, and Satt gives him plays for possibly better passing lanes through blocking schemes roll outs or something, our offense could click a little bit.

Last edited:

His wind up is sooooo long. That is a lot of muscle memory to overcome. Like T Magic he is a strip sack for a TD waiting to happen. Additionally he is slow to decide. At least that can improve with reps.

I don't know why young QBs don't practice throwing from the ear like Marino. We have guys looking pitchers or outfielders instead of QBs. Sims can spin it better if he sees the progressions but even his delivery is awkward.

Kind of between a rock and a hard place at this point.
I was mostly focusing on elbow height as an easy fix but agree he does not have a quick release.

I will not by in can not change throwing motion because injury can foece it. I worked with men and could change mindset and technique in a few weeks.
I agree. As a baseball player I did it my freshman year of college very quickly. You just have to be motivated and mindful in your reps.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back