• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jeff Sims

When commentators mention he was throwing to an open receiver after it had been blocked, well if improvement wasn't made it was because
He had hit blocked, it wasn't accurate, or it was dropped.
But he saw his guys, Improvement.
Adrian and Tommy missed best play/open guys. Never saw them improve.

Last edited:

Josh Allen had a career 56% completion at Wyoming. He did have excellent stats on TD’s verus INT’s but it shows you don’t have to hit 65% to be an acceptable passer. Allen still took awhile to get his act together in the NFL but I’d say he’s a pretty good QB now. Perhaps we could give Haarberg more then a couple of games before pronouncing he can’t pass, wrong arm angle.. blah blah blah. Give him a decent supporting cast of a good O-line and receivers I’ll bet he could grow into a good QB. I love the idea of a QB that's big, fast and strong as our starter for the next couple of years. At least he hasn’t been a turnover machine especially considering his limited experience. No one’s mentioned Grants fumble that Scott recovered?

I’m not blaming HH and the situation. Ive been a strong proponent of the quarterback play being affected by their supporting cast. I just cannot honestly say he is any better over the last 3 weeks passing. The statistics don’t justify it. Maybe next week the numbers and the eyeballs will. The rest of your stuff about being a nebraska c1 player is just emotion and irrelevant in the passing improvement discussion.
Now if you want to have a discussion on small town boy achievements then he is our guy this year.
We will just have to disagree. 3 weeks ago he had worse stat lines against much less impressive teams. That was one of best teams in country yesterday. We are not.

We will just have to disagree. 3 weeks ago he had worse stat lines against much less impressive teams. That was one of best teams in country yesterday. We are not.
Well, Michigan is only Michigan...
Context, you get it
Most teams wouldn't have had those blocks, then we'd really know

Last edited:
Did you watch the game? Did you watch previous games?
Yes he has completed about the same percentage of passes each game. However this time he couldn’t even find passing lanes on about 20 percent of the passes. Having the ball tipped at the line of scrimmage is still a bad pass. My question is have you actually watched the games? Everything you base your improvements on you are claiming includes “if he completes 4 more passes”. Well he didn’t.

Yes he has completed about the same percentage of passes each game. However this time he couldn’t even find passing lanes on about 20 percent of the passes. Having the ball tipped at the line of scrimmage is still a bad pass. My question is have you actually watched the games? Everything you base your improvements on you are claiming includes “if he completes 4 more passes”. Well he didn’t.
So you didn't hear the commentators ? Didn't see wide open Kemp over the middle?
I'm naming players and plays. Comments live made on those plays, trajectories of the ball to open players.

Now, if he can look guys off, set his feet for better positioning, fake pump, blocks will get tougher to do, especially if you're not Michigan
Context

Last edited:
Actually his stat lines weren’t worse but I agree It was much lessor opponents. I wouldn’t expect great stats against Michigan. Let’s hope next week, playing against someone we can beat, comments saying he has improved could be unequivocally agreed upon. As for right now, I see no reason for us to continually pump koolaid on the performance without something to justify it. We are all tired of it being koolaid with no taste.

So you didn't hear the commentators ? Didn't see wide open Kemp over the middle?
I'm naming players and plays. Comments live made on those plays, trajectories of the ball to open players.

Now, if he can look guys off, set his feet for better positioning, fake pump, blocks will get tougher to do, especially if you're not Michigan
Context
You have no idea if his passing has improved based on seeing a wide open kemp over the middle. It was thrown into the hands of a defender. If I didn’t know any better you are acting like ATTEMPTING to complete a pass that gets blocked is a positive.

You have no idea if his passing has improved based on seeing a wide open kemp over the middle. It was thrown into the hands of a defender. If I didn’t know any better you are acting like ATTEMPTING to complete a pass that gets blocked is a positive.
Ok
I'll argue a point, I won't argue absurdities

Last edited:

Context
And as far as trajectories…….our QB is 6’ 5”. His passes over the middle on a 20 yard pass shouldn’t get tipped by a defender who didn’t leave his feet. A good trajectory would have been a completion.

And as far as trajectories…….our QB is 6’ 5”. His passes over the middle on a 20 yard pass shouldn’t get tipped by a defender who didn’t leave his feet. A good trajectory would have been a completion.
It wasn't a 20 pass, didn't you watch the game?
But yes, he needs to figure things out. What you're saying is fixable.
Doesn't mean he'll fix it, but its not habitual at this point or we would have seen more of it earlier more of often.
Satt can put him in better spots for one.

It wasn't a 20 pass, didn't you watch the game?
But yes, he needs to figure things out. What you're saying is fixable.
Doesn't mean he'll fix it, but its not habitual at this point or we would have seen more of it earlier more of often.
Satt can put him in better spots for one.
Of course it could be fixable. Nobody is arguing that. We all want it to get better. I’m just arguing the over abundance of koolaid saying progression has been made. I’m not even arguing you said you are happy with his passing. I’m arguing proof of progression.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back