• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jeff Sims

Hmmm
2 more completions, two less passes blocked and he would be at 64% for the game, very doable. He looks guys off, uses his feet for a cleaner alley, its doable
He hasn’t done it in three games. I hope he can eventually. When he does then we can say he’s improving. Right now you are using hypotheticals that didn’t happen to support your lipstick coating.

He hasn’t done it in three games. I hope he can eventually. When he does then we can say he’s improving. Right now you are using hypotheticals that didn’t happen to support your lipstick coating.
Now you're saying what I'm saying. He still has to do it, but it's something he can work on at least.
Not sure any claims were ever made?
But go ahead and do your makeup

Now you're saying what I'm saying. He still has to do it, but it's something he can work on at least.
Not sure any claims were ever made?
But go ahead and do your makeup
You said you were happy with him and you see improvements in his passing. I’m just wanting you to explain it and you did. You justified it with hypotheticals. Do your thing.

You said you were happy with him and you see improvements in his passing. I’m just wanting you to explain it and you did. You justified it with hypotheticals. Do your thing.
His accuracy and his choices in throws.
His choices were to open wrs, his accuracy suffered because of blocked passes, and yes drops too.
Earlier he was missing open guys.
If he can clean up those blocked passes he's at 60% plus.

If you can’t see improvement over they same kid who wasn’t even on the bus last year then I don’t know what to tell you. I get it. Nobody is happy about yesterday but at some point you have to let the coaching staff that has been here 9 months and the former C1 qb making his 3rd start against maybe the best team in college football with limited weapons and protection have a little time. This thing went south a long time ago, not when HH was named the starting qb.

If you can’t see improvement over they same kid who wasn’t even on the bus last year then I don’t know what to tell you. I get it. Nobody is happy about yesterday but at some point you have to let the coaching staff that has been here 9 months and the former C1 qb making his 3rd start against maybe the best team in college football with limited weapons and protection have a little time. This thing went south a long time ago, not when HH was named the starting qb.
I'm thinking our other number two qbs we've had. Most had better lines, deeper rb rooms, deeper wr room and didn't look any better. And didn't look better the next time we saw them.
The cameras showed he was passing to open wrs, same guys he didn't even see the week before.
Now it could be play calling, better wr play or him seeing them and a combination of them, but it also was against Michigan, which going back and thinking of our number two qbs against such a team, it wouldn't have looked nearly so good,

Him seeing open guys is no hypothetical.
Ok so make up your mind. Now you are saying he is seeing the open field better but he can’t get it to those guys. And yet you are happy because his passing has improved? He has been low .50% for three games with the same crappy line and the same crappy receivers. If his vision is so much better than his ability to get it to them must be worse.

Why don’t you just back away from your improvement comments that are all over the board and admit he hasn’t shown any thing any better and isn’t likely until his supporting cast changes.

He can change it easily if he wants to and focuses on it. He's not night and day off. He just needs to get his elbow up. Baseball players do it all the time when they get to college or get into the minor league system.
His wind up is sooooo long. That is a lot of muscle memory to overcome. Like T Magic he is a strip sack for a TD waiting to happen. Additionally he is slow to decide. At least that can improve with reps.

I don't know why young QBs don't practice throwing from the ear like Marino. We have guys looking pitchers or outfielders instead of QBs. Sims can spin it better if he sees the progressions but even his delivery is awkward.

Kind of between a rock and a hard place at this point.

Last edited:
I’m not blaming HH and the situation. Ive been a strong proponent of the quarterback play being affected by their supporting cast. I just cannot honestly say he is any better over the last 3 weeks passing. The statistics don’t justify it. Maybe next week the numbers and the eyeballs will. The rest of your stuff about being a nebraska c1 player is just emotion and irrelevant in the passing improvement discussion.
Now if you want to have a discussion on small town boy achievements then he is our guy this year.

His wind up is sooooo long. That is a lot of muscle memory to overcome. Like T Magic he is a strip sack for a TD waiting to happen.

I don't know why young QBs don't practice throwing from the ear like Marino. We have guys looking pitchers or outfielders instead of QBs. Sims can spin it better if he sees the progressions but even his delivery is awkward.

Kind of between a rock and a hard place at this point.
We absolutely are in a bad spot. I don’t think any of our qbs, to include Purdy wouldn’t be serviceable with a better line.

Last edited:
Ok so make up your mind. Now you are saying he is seeing the open field better but he can’t get it to those guys. And yet you are happy because his passing has improved? He has been low .50% for three games with the same crappy line and the same crappy receivers. If his vision is so much better than his ability to get it to them must be worse.

Why don’t you just back away from your improvement comments that are all over the board and admit he hasn’t shown any thing any better and isn’t likely until his supporting cast changes.
Did you watch the game? Did you watch previous games?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back