• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jayskers?!

dbroder87

Recruit
2 Year Member
Ok, I have been the outlier in my family and friends circles, along with the Reddit community. I support all athletic programs reigning from our great state that have an opportunity to bring national attention to the Good Life. UNO, CU, NU have my 100% support and fandom. I never understood the sentiment of the Creighton hate. Granted as a CU fan, I dislike the fanbase....quiet during big games, leave early, sit on their hands...etc. But what the Bluejays have done this year is impressive. Hell i rooted for NU when they played the Bluejays bc it was a Resume' boost. Am i off base here in my thinking in supporting all athletic programs from Nebraska?

Last edited:

I went to NYC for the Big East tourney the past 2 years….tons of fun. Lots more CU fans this year too. They are playing much better…hope they make Houston.

Ok, I have been the outlier in my family and friends circles, along with the Reddit community. I support all athletic programs reigning from our great state that have an opportunity to bring national attention to the Good Life. UNO, CU, NU have my 100% support and fandom. I never understood the sentiment of the Creighton hate. Granted as a CU fan, I dislike the fanbase....quiet during big games, leave early, sit on their hands...etc. But what the Bluejays have done this year is impressive. Hell i rooted for NU when they played the Bluejays bc it was a Resume' boost. Am i off base here in my thinking in supporting all athletic programs from Nebraska?
I know it's possible to have a 2nd or 3rd favorite team. I also root for UNI and South Dakota State, due to family ties. I would never root for them vs Nebraska. I will root for Creighton. I like Coach Mac. Liked him when he was at Wayne St and UNI

yeah, ive never gotten the Creighton hate either...... this team is from Nebr, and there always seems to be a couple 2-3 kids who grew up in nebr, on the team. basically the same % as our teams in lincoln. so why would we not cheer for them.??? they have as good a chance now as anyone to win this whole thing, as 8/9 top seeds are gone..... getting to the final 4 would be a massive step forward for them and huge exposure for that school. Good Luck Jays !!!!

People are stupid. It would make more sense if ppl hated on folks rooting for Iowa in one sport and Nebraska in another. But that doesn't happen. Nothing wrong with rooting for a super small private school who happens to be very good at basketball (a sport we are awful at) and is 45 mins away from campus.

Don't mind their soccer teams, but other than that, don't care for creighton. I don't root against them I just don't care about them, and I worked with President/Father H. when he was growing up, as a life guard at our local pool.

I’m more impressed that they have something special going that somehow keeps mcDermit there.
Creighton threw McDermott a lifeline when he was failing at Iowa State. Then he brought his son with him, who was slated to go to UNI, because he wasn't good enough to play in the Big 12

I mostly disliked Creighton because of Creighton Prep. I went to Millard North and CP football was our main rival back in the day.

At the collegiate level their fans are obnoxious, too. Like Notre Dame fans.

But I'll root for them in March Madness.

Also, hard pass on the "Jaysker" thing. That can easily get misinterpreted as some Rock Chalk Jayhawk thing, and I want nothing to do with Kansas.

I'm a Cornhusker who occasionally roots for the Creighton Blue Jays.

Last edited:

It’s not natural to root for the in state competition.
I don’t think that is clear. For example, Just like lots of us root for Creighton when they don’t play NU, and lots of us don’t, KU fans have the same split this year with KSU dancing after KU lost.

I don’t think that is clear. For example, Just like lots of us root for Creighton when they don’t play NU, and lots of us don’t, KU fans have the same split this year with KSU dancing after KU lost.
I can assure you there are not many Jayhawks letting out an EMAW. Just like there were very few Wolverines rooting for MSU. Just like there were very few FSU/Gator fans rooting for Miami. It’s not natural. It’s an abomination to nature.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back