• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jayskers?!

I hate Creighton about as much as I hate anyone else whom Nebraska might recruit against. It’s not jealousy any more than I am jealous of Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas State, whomever. I am a fan of Nebraska. It’s like rooting for Kansas State in football just because we don’t play them often and they are close by. Why would I when their success could mean a recruiting loss for my team.

Let me ask you this. If there is a 5 star recruit out of Ralston, 7’15’’ tall and can shoot a three pointer from Waverly. Who do you want to get him? If the answer is not Creighton, why would you ever root for them?
The answer is Creighton,
Husker basketball sucks

I guess I don't get emotionally involved in recruiting and the decisions 17 and 18 year olds make. If he wanted to be a Husker great! if he wanted to be a Bluejay, good for him.... heck, I might be excited for the Mavs if he chose UNO.

Kansas State winning on a Saturday and costing NU a potential recruit is really not on my radar of worries, so maybe I can't truly relate to the question, BRA. I would hope Nebraska winning on Saturdays would sort of counteract that.... maybe that is a bigger concern.
No reason to hang your head. Creighton made the Elite 8 and ended up being the second best team in the entire state. Damn good season.

Florida Atlantic Owls odds to win the national championship ..... listed 300/1 odds

Actually 64/1 FAU odds and .....
  • Creighton 64/1
  • SDSU 64/1
  • KSU 64/1
  • TexAss 64/1
  • UCONN 64/1
  • UThugs 64/1
  • Alabama 64/1
  • KU 64/1
  • Vermont 64/1
  • Fair Dickinson 64/1
  • Houston 64/1
  • Gonzaga 64/1
  • etc. etc. etc. .......
March Madness Dice Games. Every year. Actually, April Madness.

Last edited:

No reason to hang your head. Creighton made the Elite 8 and ended up being the second best team in the entire state. Damn good season.

I think Bluejay fans are probably pretty proud of the team. I guess there will be some hanging their heads with the team coming so close but failing to make the Final Four. The folks in Aurora are probably pretty proud of their native son there, I am sure.

Sucks for you that Auburn scored on the KICK SIX vs Bama and Saint Nick back in the day :Stickouttongue:
Pal, you’re living in the past, besides I was a HUGE Auburn fan then. Speaking of the past, have you enjoyed the bowl games the last 6 years?

We are life long Husker fans as we grew up in Lincoln and still live here. My 24 year old son went to Creighton but he has admitted he still roots for Nebraska when they play Creighton. My family roots for the Bluejays when they are not playing the Huskers. I have a large group of guys that I golf with and we have one Bluejay hater but other than that, we all pull for Creighton when it's not against the Huskers. I personally think the Husker fans hating Creighton thing is overblown. Don't see much of it with my group.

Personally, I don’t care for Creighton. Really nothing against the school or program, I just find a portion of its fan base obnoxious. No doubt they have a good program though. Don’t really get caught up in the banter.
I think it's easier to find a small portion that aren't obnoxious.

So, since this is on the football forum, I am wondering what football team Creighton students and alums are allowed to cheer for?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back