• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jayskers?!

Still trying to see the rationality of Huskers hating CU. I could see if they were a true sports rival... in the same conference ... and playing all sports (football in particular). CU has been more successful in basketball, but have not themselves kept the Huskers from being successful. From my standpoint it looks like the hate is silly juvenile jealousy. But that is just me.... maybe I just don't understand... maybe I didn't apply to school there and get rejected or maybe Dana Altman didn't run over my dog... or maybe my childhood favorite player, Benoit Benjamin wouldn't autograph my Bluejay hat...... I guess there are all sorts of reasons to be tied in an emotional knot over CU.

Most people outside of Omaha or a 50 mile radius couldn't give a damm about Creighton. During the regular season there is nothing more than blurb in the Lincoln paper about Creighton games. Personally I am indifferent I do not watch during the regular season but tune in during the tournament.

What’s crazy to me is that Creighton only has a two game lead in the all time series. They must have not been very good for a long time previously.
When they were in the Missouri Valley, we typically had better players. At least until Altman took them to another level in the mid-2000’s.

Most people outside of Omaha or a 50 mile radius couldn't give a damm about Creighton. During the regular season there is nothing more than blurb in the Lincoln paper about Creighton games. Personally I am indifferent I do not watch during the regular season but tune in during the tournament.
Yeah, I think there’s some truth to that. If someone is born and raised in the Omaha metro, they likely root for Creighton. I’m a metro transplant so naturally I didn’t really follow or root for them growing up therefore I am somewhat impartial.

Used to be Creighton was a football program. Dropped football in 1940's or so.

NU vs CU (football) ..... 3W-0L @ Omaha .... 39 to 0, 102 to 0 :eek: and 17 to 0

My coworker who claimed college basketball freak. I asked him "What state, Creighton and Gonzaga?" He said "Hmmmm ..... almost sure Northeast states or Chicago area". Wrong and wrong !!! (Nebraska and Washington state)

Used to be Creighton was a football program. Dropped football in 1940's or so.

NU vs CU (football) ..... 3W-0L @ Omaha .... 39 to 0, 102 to 0 :eek: and 17 to 0
CU almost scored at halftime when the band was on the field. They couldn’t dodge the tuba player.

Still trying to see the rationality of Huskers hating CU. I could see if they were a true sports rival... in the same conference ... and playing all sports (football in particular). CU has been more successful in basketball, but have not themselves kept the Huskers from being successful. From my standpoint it looks like the hate is silly juvenile jealousy. But that is just me.... maybe I just don't understand... maybe I didn't apply to school there and get rejected or maybe Dana Altman didn't run over my dog... or maybe my childhood favorite player, Benoit Benjamin wouldn't autograph my Bluejay hat...... I guess there are all sorts of reasons to be tied in an emotional knot over CU.

I hate Creighton about as much as I hate anyone else whom Nebraska might recruit against. It’s not jealousy any more than I am jealous of Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas State, whomever. I am a fan of Nebraska. It’s like rooting for Kansas State in football just because we don’t play them often and they are close by. Why would I when their success could mean a recruiting loss for my team.

Let me ask you this. If there is a 5 star recruit out of Ralston, 7’15’’ tall and can shoot a three pointer from Waverly. Who do you want to get him? If the answer is not Creighton, why would you ever root for them?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back