• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

James Carnie Gets His Nebraska Offer: Will Announce Monday 12 October

Others have said Omaha coaches already aren’t impressed with Frost’s recruiting approach so you can’t really expect us to just pull Rollins offer. Especially if we really are saving a spot for Dickerson. (hope that doesn’t bite us in the end)

Curious about statements like this (not you specifically) - I'm a firm believer that folks can & should always strive to do better & HCSF, heck any HC at DONU is clearly held to extremely high (bordering on ridiculously high) expectations... but looking at this year for instance - ALL of the 2020 "super six" (supposed best in state) received offers (of which 4 have committed). Of the 2 who haven't - KJ continues to punish DONU for previous coaches not offering his two older siblings ... & AD remains a high priority & perhaps might even join his teammate Bretz (fingers crossed) in one of the largest in state hauls in many years.

I've long believed that in state players have been overlooked & undervalued (by the services & many a staff) & that there should be scholie room for 4-5 each year... but that said, HCSF seems to be doing that & improving the instate relationships - 5 Nebraskans in the 2019; four in 2021 (5 if Council Bluffs counts ;) ) which is a huge difference from many a past seasons with just 1 or 2 Nebraskans.

We've all heard the need to get to know the area HS coaches more & the short notice calls from secretaries informing schools someone will be there or dropping by rather than asking when's a good time. Being THE state school, it's always a challenge to please everyone - I guess my thoughts have to do with challenging those broad statements/criticisms & seeking solutions rather than make them self fulfilling prophecies. Granted Covid has made things uniquely challenging of late, especially for camps & outreach opportunities & wooing kids who want/need to be wooed. In short, I guess I choose to see things improving & hopefully some closed Omaha minds might attempt to see progress, if ever so slight or even offer potential solutions, rather than continual criticism & perhaps even move on from past perceived slights. :Sign2cents:

Last edited:

Staff doing exponentially better in Omaha, but as you stated yanking Rollins offer would erase all of that.

This really isn’t a Fidone v Carnie thing. Everyone in the country wanted Fidone. This is a Carnie vs Rollins situation. Shockingly, Iowa who is better at identifying and developing TEs chose to offer Carnie and not Rollins. And it’s a bit of a red flag to me how Rollins committed a day after getting shut out.

We will make room for Carnie, should happen in the next month. Only hiccup is we have zero clue what’s going on with scholarships for 2021. Gotta iron that out first.

Staff just in a rough spot here.

Going to be interesting for sure

We will make room for Carnie, should happen in the next month. Only hiccup is we have zero clue what’s going on with scholarships for 2021. Gotta iron that out first.

Staff just in a rough spot here.

Ok I am not sure I understand this statement. If they make room in a month, why don't they or can't they make room right now? I mean if he is a plan B that they think they can slow play I say go to Iowa kid. Either they want him or they don't. Sorry to me it is a bad look.

It is not like his only offers are to Ohio and Wyoming.

Curious about statements like this (not you specifically) - I'm a firm believer that folks can & should always strive to do better & HCSF, heck any HC at DONU is clearly held to extremely high (bordering on ridiculously high) expectations... but looking at this year for instance - ALL of the 2020 "super six" (supposed best in state) received offers (of which 4 have committed). Of the 2 who haven't - KJ continues to punish DONU for previous coaches not offering his two older siblings ... & AD remains a high priority & perhaps might even join his teammate Bretz (fingers crossed) in one of the largest in state hauls in many years.

I've long believed that in state players have been overlooked & undervalued (by the services & many a staff) & that there should be scholie room for 4-5 each year... but that said, HCSF seems to be doing that & improving the instate relationships - 5 Nebraskans in the 2019; four in 2021 (5 if Council Bluffs counts ;) ) which is a huge difference from many a past seasons with just 1 or 2 Nebraskans.

We've all heard the need to get to know the area HS coaches more & the short notice calls from secretaries informing schools someone will be there or dropping by rather than asking when's a good time. Being THE state school, it's always a challenge to please everyone - I guess my thoughts have to do with challenging those broad statements/criticisms & seeking solutions rather than make them self fulfilling prophecies. Granted Covid has made things uniquely challenging of late, especially for camps & outreach opportunities & wooing kids who want/need to be wooed. In short, I guess I choose to see things improving & hopefully some closed Omaha minds might attempt to see progress, if ever so slight or even offer potential solutions, rather than continual criticism & perhaps even move on from past perceived slights. :Sign2cents:

All three of the previous coaches undervalued Nebraska talent. Callahan, Pelini and Riley. I think Riley tried to get in on kids, but wasn't really hear long enough. Pelini was the worst IMO. He would slow play kids and not offer till he had seen them workout. He would offer players from out of state that had slightly better numbers. He didn't trust Nebraska HS football. He lost way too many players that went somewhere else and had great careers.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I think HS players AND coaches have gotten awfully spoiled when it comes to recruiting now a days.

When i hear a kid say things like “i love how coach Fleck calls me every day” i think it’s a little weird to be honest. Personally i’d be a little annoyed getting a call every single day. Is there really that much to talk about? Just a weird dynamic if you ask me and feels a little superficial, where as i think Frost is as straight of a shooter as they come.

Fidone said something along the lines of “I like how the nebraska coaches give me my space” and if i was a recruit i’d feel the same. To each his own i suppose.

Ok I am not sure I understand this statement. If they make room in a month, why don't they or can't they make room right now? I mean if he is a plan B that they think they can slow play I say go to Iowa kid. Either they want him or they don't. Sorry to me it is a bad look.

Not a bad look at all except to a fan base who thinks they know more than the staff

Plan B kids are often slow played and offered late and in the case of Nebraska kids many flip once offered

Carnie is a late bloomer to boot and the staff may want to see a bit of game film before they make a move. Not to mention there maybe more pressing need at other positions of need

Not a bad look at all except to a fan base who thinks they know more than the staff

Plan B kids are often slow played and offered late and in the case of Nebraska kids many flip once offered

Carnie is a late bloomer to boot and the staff may want to see a bit of game film before they make a move. Not to mention there maybe more pressing need at other positions of need

As someone who has coached 20+ years of football I would never say I know more about coaching or recruiting than than any staff at any D1 school.

I think what he said is an odd statement. I hope *** explains himself on that one. I think the staff wants him but they don't want to take a 3rd TE. Sorry the kid in the small amount of stuff I have watched of him looks a lot better than Rollins stuff. He looks like a football player.

To because he is a late bloomer that means he has a huge upside. He has the build of an OLB that is a position of need.

As someone who has coached 20+ years of football I would never say I know more about coaching or recruiting than than any staff at any D1 school.

I think what he said is an odd statement. I hope *** explains himself on that one. I think the staff wants him but they don't want to take a 3rd TE. Sorry the kid in the small amount of stuff I have watched of him looks a lot better than Rollins stuff. He looks like a football player.

To because he is a late bloomer that means he has a huge upside. He has the build of an OLB that is a position of need.

Ah gotcha Fair Enough

The time frame I gave was more about how soon public would know. We also are going to see where Vokolek shakes out with Allen and Rafdal. If one of those guys is 4th string and you are bringing in Fidone you may get the "you will see the field somewhere else" stated to one of the RS Seniors.

But you also have to remember they will have a clearer picture on Covid by then, which is what is buying us time with Carnie. Can we just take 25 this year and blame it on Covid when more guys already in the program stay?

To your point, Iowa will want a decision sooner than later and the kid won't want to feel slow-played. I am under the impression our staff knows that.

The time frame I gave was more about how soon public would know. We also are going to see where Vokolek shakes out with Allen and Rafdal. If one of those guys is 4th string and you are bringing in Fidone you may get the "you will see the field somewhere else" stated to one of the RS Seniors.

But you also have to remember they will have a clearer picture on Covid by then, which is what is buying us time with Carnie. Can we just take 25 this year and blame it on Covid when more guys already in the program stay?

To your point, Iowa will want a decision sooner than later and the kid won't want to feel slow-played. I am under the impression our staff knows that.

With COVID are the Coaches allowed to go watch the games?

I’m probably missing something but how would letting a RS Senior go help with scholarship numbers for next year... wouldn’t their scholly be open for next year anyway?

Edit: nevermind, just realized allen and rafdal are juniors.

Last edited:

Having read the AJR & TF hybrid TE/receiver article above... honestly sounds like a blocking TE remains an area of need :Sign2cents:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back