• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

James Carnie Gets His Nebraska Offer: Will Announce Monday 12 October

I admit to not being a Navy fan as it's embedded in my DNA as an AF Academy graduate; however, you should not criticize the Midshipmen because their recruiting standards are far more stringent than BYU. Plus, BYU football players are afforded the opportunity to do a Mormon mission if they so choose. That's as close as a 2-year redshirt as legally possible given the restrictive, Draconian NCAA rules.

Ever hear of a Service Academy D1 athlete receiving a redshirt? Didn't think so because they do not exist. You get 4-years to complete a rigorous program across military, sports and academics, and the only exception to not finishing in 4-years must be approved at the highest levels. I would venture a bet the academic load at BYU would never measure up to one at a Service Academy. I say this with confidence having lived in Utah while flying F-16's with one squadron member having played football at BYU - Lloyd Eldredge who blocked for Jim McMahon. BTW--he had a challenge fitting in the small cockpit as did Chad Hennings (from Iowa btw but Huskers did not recruit this future Outland Trophy winner) in the A-10.

Now what is interesting is the recent decision by Trump as CIC permitting Service Academy graduates to pursue a professional career in sports and how that will impact their recruiting?

I live and watch Texas football and your last comment is strictly hyperbole. Academic standards in Texas are ridiculously easy and I say this as the father of a National Merit Scholar (AFA Class of 2022), nephew who also graduated from USAFA after having a stellar athletic career at GI Northwest HS and his wife a graduate of Lincoln Pius X HS whose father played football for the Huskers and Frank Solich.

That all said I wait patiently like all Husker fans to await their return to national prominence - hopefully sooner rather than later.
Navy’s coach said he messed up by not having really any live tackling/hitting prior to the game. Said his players were not prepared for live contact. They almost lost to Tulane but discovered something called the “forward pass” just in time.

Last edited:
Navy’s coach said he messed up but not having really any live tackling/hitting prior to the game. Said his players were not prepared for live contact. They almost lost to Tulane but discovered something called the “forward pass” just in time.
Not many coaches ever blame a loss on their players, if they do their legacy opportunity evaporates quickly.

As for Carnie the staff so far does not agree with the fan base on an offer for Carnie ;)

Maybe its time to change coaching staffs? ;) ;)
Tough position for the staff. You wouldn't normally take 3 TEs in a mid-sized signing class. The Iowa and K- State offers make the situation that much more difficult.

If we're likely to miss out on our top 2022 TE target(s), then maybe we find room. The next few weeks will be interesting.

If we don't offer, let's hope he picks K- State and has a nice career there.

Tough position for the staff. You wouldn't normally take 3 TEs in a mid-sized signing class. The Iowa and K- State offers make the situation that much more difficult.

If we're likely to miss out on our top 2022 TE target(s), then maybe we find room. The next few weeks will be interesting.

If we don't offer, let's hope he picks K- State and has a nice career there.

I think he goes to Iowa if elsewhere.....TE U

I think he goes to Iowa if elsewhere.....TE U
Very possible unfortunately, and that is truly the worst-case scenario for the staff. The last thing we need is another Noah Fant or Drew Ott (different position but similar scenario) type of situation.

That said, if the staff doesn't see Carnie as a fit with the offense or as someone who can contribute at the Power 5 level, then they shouldn't and won't offer him.

Very possible unfortunately, and that is truly the worst-case scenario for the staff. The last thing we need is another Noah Fant or Drew Ott (different position but similar scenario) type of situation.

That said, if the staff doesn't see Carnie as a fit with the offense or as someone who can contribute at the Power 5 level, then they shouldn't and won't offer him.

Yet we would get Fidone in trade. I will take that deal

With that being said I hope we get both

Last edited:

I'd like to see us offer. BD and TO often recruited TEs and then changed positions because they are often some of the better athletes. Give a chance to play TE if that doesn't work out then change positions to get more PT. But I would rather get a Nebraska kid who will give his all than an out of state who went to the highest bidder

I'd like to see us offer. BD and TO often recruited TEs and then changed positions because they are often some of the better athletes. Give a chance to play TE if that doesn't work out then change positions to get more PT. But I would rather get a Nebraska kid who will give his all than an out of state who went to the highest bidder

If we are done at TE which is quite possible they're would not be anyone else anyway

Also he may not want to change positions.

So your saying Johnson and Dickerson went to the highest bidder? Being out of state kids and all in MN and Iowa. Hopefully Dickerson may change his mind and give his all to NE

I hope we get Carnie but there is a lot in play here I think we will know soon

As for Carnie the staff so far does not agree with the fan base on an offer for Carnie ;)

Maybe its time to change coaching staffs? ;) ;)

When you say "coaching staffs", I'm hoping you are referring to the long, wooden pole (think Charlton Heston as Moses) the coaches use to keep players away from crowds without masks at this time. Perhaps a "staff" with a longer reach? :)

Worst case scenario is Rollins flames out and Carnie blows up at Iowa. That will leave a mark.
Others have said Omaha coaches already aren’t impressed with Frost’s recruiting approach so you can’t really expect us to just pull Rollins offer. Especially if we really are saving a spot for Dickerson. (hope that doesn’t bite us in the end)

Others have said Omaha coaches already aren’t impressed with Frost’s recruiting approach so you can’t really expect us to just pull Rollins offer. Especially if we really are saving a spot for Dickerson. (hope that doesn’t bite us in the end)
Staff doing exponentially better in Omaha, but as you stated yanking Rollins offer would erase all of that.

This really isn’t a Fidone v Carnie thing. Everyone in the country wanted Fidone. This is a Carnie vs Rollins situation. Shockingly, Iowa who is better at identifying and developing TEs chose to offer Carnie and not Rollins. And it’s a bit of a red flag to me how Rollins committed a day after getting shut out.

We will make room for Carnie, should happen in the next month. Only hiccup is we have zero clue what’s going on with scholarships for 2021. Gotta iron that out first.

Staff just in a rough spot here.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back