• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

It’s Official: Welcome Matt Rhule

I caught those comments by Rhule about SF and figured it would ruffle feathers.

I also thought about how people complained about SF saying negative things about what his predecessor left him.

So, if trashing the old coach was bad, maybe it’s ok to say nice things? It also has the added benefit of not saying negative things about the team you are about to take over.
Agreed.

He said Nebraska’s success starts with the offensive line it’s why they won.When you look back at Nebraska’s success in the 80’s and 90’s and even the 70’s you remember incredible linemen. Hopefully he Huskers get back to that quickly.
I may actually be just as excited at the news if Rhule announces an outstanding O-line coach.

I like the hire, like so many others I hope he keeps Mickey on staff as OC or WR/Associate Head Coach. I think those guys will get along well and share the same philosophy about college football.

Here's how that conversation may go:
Matt: Honey, guess where we are going to spend the next 8 years of our lives together?!
Wife: Oh, gosh Matt, that makes me so excited!! You must mean The Bahamas?! Or maybe San Diego?! Or what about Vail?! You know how much I love skiing!!
Matt: Uh.....no, honey......Lincoln, Nebraska.
Wife: (long pause....)......I hope you buy a comfortable sofa for our new house there, because you are going to be sleeping on it for the next 8 years.
Unless it's. "Ok honey. Try to make it home as often as you can. " ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back