• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Iowa or Minn

I'd almost have to guess that losing the two road games might be best...so that would mean a win against Wisconsin. Guess it's an eye of the beholder thing for the individual committee members.
If you look at the past 2 seasons, teams were selected almost purely by RPI. I think the eye test would have to be major like finishing well above or below .500 in conference or reeling off numerous top 25 wins. From an RPI perspective, the road wins will help us more than a loss to Wisconsin will hurt, but not as bad as normal because of their record. But overall it is going to balance out pretty close with 2 home and 2 away games left. Protecting home court the past few games was essential and we came through in a big way.

2-2 is not that bad and would set us up where 1 CT win would likely do it and 2 would be almost a sure thing. 2 road games and a home game against a top team makes us an underdog in each of those 3. One win in these 3 games is necessary and 2 would be exceptional.

If we go 2-2 and only win 1 conference tourney game, say hello to the NIT.

Last edited:
Actually was glad to see Wisconsin beat Indiana. Do not want to see the Hoosiers climb back into NCAA tourney discussion and the Badgers to keep winning so that NU's victory in a couple of weeks will look better! :Biggrin:

That's what I was thinking! :nod: Not to get too far ahead of myself (one can slice & dice the possibilities only so much), seems like this could make Wiscy a make-or-break game to win to get to the Dance (I like our chances at 'The Vault").

Tonight's game is shaping up to be an important game to keep up the momentum of a road win against a team coming off an important win vs Minnesota. Let's hope we come out 'On' our game. :banana::banana::banana:

GBR!

If we go 2-2 and only win 1 conference tourney game, say hello to the NIT.
If we did that and then faced an Illinois and Wisconsin in the tournament, our RPI will only change about .001 to .0015. That will still keep us around #50 and possibly higher with other teams losing. There are 36 at-large spots and at least 14 automatics are likely to be held by top 50 RPI. So 50-53 is going to be the cut-off point and there could be 1 or 2 exceptions.

I have a hard time believing that a Big 10 team with a winning record, 3 top 50 wins, and one of the top 36 at-large RPI's would be bumped and if anything would be in position to be moved up a little bit. Of course we are talking about being right on the line here and a couple lower teams pulling upsets and adding additional bids for lower ranked teams will have an effect. On the prediction site someone posted, the 2-2 and 1-1 scenario gives us a 74% chance of making the NCAA.

If we did that and then faced an Illinois and Wisconsin in the tournament, our RPI will only change about .001 to .0015. That will still keep us around #50 and possibly higher with other teams losing. There are 36 at-large spots and at least 14 automatics are likely to be held by top 50 RPI. So 50-53 is going to be the cut-off point and there could be 1 or 2 exceptions.

I have a hard time believing that a Big 10 team with a winning record, 3 top 50 wins, and one of the top 36 at-large RPI's would be bumped and if anything would be in position to be moved up a little bit. Of course we are talking about being right on the line here and a couple lower teams pulling upsets and adding additional bids for lower ranked teams will have an effect. On the prediction site someone posted, the 2-2 and 1-1 scenario gives us a 74% chance of making the NCAA.

Here's hoping you never have to see that it will be true.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back