• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Iowa or Minn

Minn with a similar rpi and resume or iowa who holds the last bye for the first round?

"Iowa at Minnesota
-Tough call here. On one hand, you want Minnesota to lose out because they are direct competition right now. On the other, you'd like to see them win because it brings Nebraska closer to Iowa in the Big 10 standings, improves the RPI since Nebraska beat Minnesota and keeps them as a quality win for NU. In a perfect world, Minnesota wins this one and another one down the stretch and goes dancing and a couple of others choke. In a more realistic world, hope they lose and tank down the stretch."

Link to "Daily Bubble Tracker"

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Article/Daily-games-to-know-for-Nebraskas-bubble-chances-179359

Actually was glad to see Wisconsin beat Indiana. Do not want to see the Hoosiers climb back into NCAA tourney discussion and the Badgers to keep winning so that NU's victory in a couple of weeks will look better! :Biggrin:

Hard to say how some of the games yesterday will affect our chances at this point, including this one, but UGA over Mizzou and Wake over Clemson definitely work in our favor.

If we go 10-8 in conference like I think we will... it will be the Penn State loss that will prevent us from getting in... while the UAB loss is not great... Penn St will be the only below .500 team we have lost to all season...

not many teams that go over .500 in a power conference and did not lose to a below .500 opponent all season get left out of the tournament.

If we go 10-8 in conference like I think we will... it will be the Penn State loss that will prevent us from getting in... while the UAB loss is not great... Penn St will be the only below .500 team we have lost to all season...

not many teams that go over .500 in a power conference and did not lose to a below .500 opponent all season get left out of the tournament.

10-8 means 2-2 down the stretch. That would leave NU on the outside looking in heading to the conference tourney.

I would say semis, but it depends on which 2-2 and how.

I'd almost have to guess that losing the two road games might be best...so that would mean a win against Wisco. Guess it's an eye of the beholder thing for the individual committee members.

I would say semis, but it depends on which 2-2 and how.
2-2 is not that bad and would set us up where 1 CT win would likely do it and 2 would be almost a sure thing. 2 road games and a home game against a top team makes us an underdog in each of those 3. One win in these 3 games is necessary and 2 would be exceptional.

I'd almost have to guess that losing the two road games might be best...so that would mean a win against Wisco. Guess it's an eye of the beholder thing for the individual committee members.

Yeah, and at this level of detail it may be a coin flip. The good news is I think we control our own destiny. The bad news is we can't slip up too much.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back