• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Interesting take on the QB position

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say if POB is the real deal, play him now as odds are he won't be here for his senior year anyway. I would bet he would burn his redshirt if he gets his shot!

It's that kind of poor roster management that got them in this situation (in general, not just QB) in the first place.

Seen many true freshman come out and light their team on fire. Seems we have some great recruits coming in...let em swim or sink

What was the previous coaching staff thinking or seeing in who they recruited? Ohio State wins a national championship with their 3rd string QB and we can't recruit a serviceable replacement.

Well I would guess Tressel and Urban had higher recruiting classes than any NU coach in our history. So there's that.

It's been a long time since we had any depth at QB. We've relied on walk-ons as our #2 QB for most of the last five years, which is not really a formula for success. Some of it may be bad luck, such as Darlington and Stanton both having serious injuries as high school seniors after they committed.

After Armstrong, our scholarship QB recruits have been Darlington, Bush, and Stanton. And then we had no class QB in the Pelini/Riley transition year. Let's hope that O'Brien and Gebbia break us out of this QB wasteland in which we have been stuck.

There are a lot of good things to say about Tommy, starting with his leadership and toughness. But he really should not have been a 40-game starter at a program like Nebraska.

True that, but I'd like to have a backup that could at least start at Iowa State.

Well, I think Bo thought early on we could play Big 12 football in the BIG 10. MR thought we could play PAC 12 football in the BIG 10 last year. We need to have a physical line and a balanced offense.

I think it was a poor recruiting issue by Bo and Beck. Not much of a choice as far as roster management.
Don't believe there was ever huge emphases on getting a 4 or 5 star QB except for Bubba Starling who was NEVER coming to Nebraska.

Bottom line we recruited some good athletes and thought we could turn them into good college QB's. That's easier said then done IMO. Now MR has to develop depth at a lot of positions including QB.

I would rather lose the rest of the games than burn it now. DPE in the wildcat makes more sense to me!
He did play some QB in HS. I'm pretty sure it was him that through a TD pass to TA at the Northwestern game a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

POB and TG have to be licking their chops at the QB situation at NU. Next year, they will be 2 of only 3 scholly QB's. And they will only be freshmen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back