• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Interesting take on the QB position

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really see almost ZERO chance they are going to burn POB's RS..... I believe they'd rather lose the rest of our games then go down that road. Perhaps he's simply not good enough to make any difference right now? We're sure in a bind with our QB position and that's not the fault of the current staff. Going forward next season it will be IMO.........

I really see almost ZERO chance they are going to burn POB's RS..... I believe they'd rather lose the rest of our games then go down that road. Perhaps he's simply not good enough to make any difference right now? We're sure in a bind with our QB position and that's not the fault of the current staff. Going forward next season it will be IMO.........

It's too bad they couldn't have added a grad transfer for competition this season AND Tanner Lee.

This quote stood out: "Nebraska’s options behind him (TA) are pretty shocking for a major program in a Power Five conference."

When your QB, O-line, and D-line recruiting are spotty at best for 15 years then you're never going to be relevant. I haven't felt this good about recruiting in a long time and actually feel like most of the coaches are capable of getting the best out of the guys that do sign the dotted line. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen overnight like many in the age of instant gratification are hoping.

Nope, nope nope . . . far too late and too little to play for to burn an entire year for POB at this point. It's not even close, in my mind. If TA can't go, then you start Fyfe. If Fyfe struggles, give Darlington a chance . . . and if he can't, then line up someone fast/elusive in the wildcat who might be able to complete a pass here and there and roll with something unusual if needed.

Makes no sense to burn a shirt for a QB (or pretty much anyone) with 3 games left in the regular season and realistically no chance for a championship. Make the best of the year and take your lumps if you have to based on some other RS choices made and come back next year to try again.

If we were Top 10 and still in the hunt for a playoff run and TA was absolutely out for the year, then it would make sense to consider putting in POB. Running him out there behind a MASH unit (and horrible) line to preserve a Top 25 finish and a mid tier bowl game? Gawd no.

Agree.

I think it's probably far more that the coaches were trying to avoid playing POB at all costs this year and not that he doesn't have the ability. That's just based on what Riley has been saying whenever the subject came up . . . that POB was only in the discussion (maybe) if TA went down for extended time. If he's not better than Fyfe, then we're in trouble and Lee better be the real deal.

I think it's probably far more that the coaches were trying to avoid playing POB at all costs this year and not that he doesn't have the ability. That's just based on what Riley has been saying whenever the subject came up . . . that POB was only in the discussion (maybe) if TA went down for extended time. If he's not better than Fyfe, then we're in trouble and Lee better be the real deal.

And probably much earlier in the season.

i would ask POB and if he has any interest i would play him. You have to have faith you can recruit someone next year and they year after. This also puts more space between POB and Gebba and who they get next year.

I would rather lose the rest of the games than burn it now. DPE in the wildcat makes more sense to me!

decent summary, although I'd add that a serviceable JUCO could've been an option in '15 or '16

This quote stood out: "Nebraska’s options behind him (TA) are pretty shocking for a major program in a Power Five conference."

When your QB, O-line, and D-line recruiting are spotty at best for 15 years then you're never going to be relevant. I haven't felt this good about recruiting in a long time and actually feel like most of the coaches are capable of getting the best out of the guys that do sign the dotted line. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen overnight like many in the age of instant gratification are hoping.
There is such a glaring drop off when it comes to depth....years 3-5 should show us where Neb is.

I say if POB is the real deal, play him now as odds are he won't be here for his senior year anyway. I would bet he would burn his redshirt if he gets his shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back